It's time to roleplay!

LocMax

• Community Manager

Hello.

After numerous complaints and witnessing the chaotic state in the server, in terms of roleplay, more accurately, in terms of deathmatch and negligence of roleplay going on, we have decided to start some... drastic measures to mitigate the caustic effect such behavior has on the server.

We have decided the following:

1. We will review, redefine, elaborate the rules, potentially add additional rules, and add minimal punishments to the rules.
  2. Breach of roleplay rules will be considered a severe breach of rules and will consequently have harsher punishments.
  3. Staff members will be tasked to educate players of necessary roleplay skills.
  4. [EDIT AS OF 31/07/2019] We have renamed the server to Mudoo Roleplay!

What does this mean?

This means that we will no longer be having situations where we verbally warn a player for poor roleplay or breach of roleplay rules ten times just to then get it to an official warning. From now on, when we implement the change, a breach of roleplay rules on first offense will result in an official warning. Repeated offense will result in gradual increase in punishment, but will end in a permanent ban if repeated more than three times. In between the warning and the permanent ban, the player will be either admin jailed for a lengthy period of time, or weapon banned if it's a weapon related rule break.

What is the goal?

The goal is to first and foremost, still be a light roleplay server in sense that we will not require applications to register, we won't require detailed roleplay actions, or character stories and development. We however, do expect roleplay. No more playing just for the purpose of pleasing your needs of having a shootout. No more playing just for the purpose of getting big money, big houses, big cars. We require you to roleplay, and that not every situation ends up being an admin situation. We want the server to have a decent roleplay activity on going, between players and groups, and that players do not only aim for shootouts and for winning.

Further actions and measures may be taken as we continue to develop this change.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Community Manager

Oh an additionally, we're removing /rob weapon, and will work on ideas to reduce the ease of obtaining a weapon, availability of weapons, but we will not overprice weapons and we definitely won't make weapons inaccessible at all. We want to make weapons valuable.

Edited by Jelly

2 hours ago, Daryl said:

Light rp = DM

2 hours ago, Jackson said:

LET + light rp = dm

Nah, light rp it's not DM, this is wrongly interpreted by many people and allow them to rule breaking like on horizon, but not is dm. Of course, that many many things should be IC'ly than OOC'ly, but should be very good thinking  and adjust to roleplay server.

Guest Randall

In a light roleplay server you may roleplay some situations but not every although these changes announced above benefit a part of the community, for players like me  who don't like high weapon usage there are only two ways it will go down based on my 10 years experience in this modification😊

1.  We have young people playing here mostly because they want to avoid issues from real life which is to be taken into consideration. 
    They find SAMP as an escape from their problems and want to have fun with weapons and have action all the time if there is a visible reduction these people will automatically loose interest as time goes.
  2. The second case is that these rules will not do much and will be quickly forgotten.

I as Jake 👮‍♂️ really want to see weapon reduction  changes, and I see people already writing positive replies here but you can see, groups are based on whole concept of shooting, killing, taking over areas like we are some TDM server.

Run the following expirement and see how things go down. 🧪

Its Summer so you will have prefect results and learn more:

1. Disallow weapon usage for a period of two days, see what people are going to do, see if the playerbase drops or increases and what players start doing instead of preparing ambushes.
  2. Discuss the results and see for yourself why my points above are valid.

"It's not realastic to block weapon usage for two whole days" it will be the first time I will say; it's light roleplay and has a very big distance from realastic roleplay.

We did and we had many unrealastic things ocouring, is this really a problem for two days for a year that has 365? [not even 1%] apart from that maybe people will do alternative things, I don't know that's why this is my idea to management and you the players.

okay have fun everyone going on vacation from tommorow, I hope to see a visible change in two weeks :P 🚄

Edited by Randall

1 hour ago, Kacper said:

should make cops only patrol with a baton taser and pepper spray (like in england) and only use guns for situations when guns are really necessary 

2 hours ago I got killed by a volunteer because I called 911, and also it was his wrong he shot randomly in front of LSPD lul

Edited by Michelle

@Rooney You can't rob guns in another heavy RP servers bro, There's a limit for robbing, in mudoo there's a retard players who just use /frisk and /rob instead of using any /me and /do.

Matthew is 100% right, atleast we need to show some atleast a little a RP.

Well, they just driving around and farming money 24/7. Even when someone tried to do RP - they don't care at all and bark in public chat lol.  I've been active for a week but I didn't find RP AT ALL.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

@Michelle You're right, I still can't believe LET the great Group RK and nametag hunt me...

I was afk when they come to me, I was editing screens for my topic, when i tab IG i saw 3 people pointing a guns on me, It's mean AFK camping. Now tell me how can i talk and RP they points a guns on me lmfao, and then they said you're Andolini our enemy, Now tell me how did they know I'm Andolini? It's called Nametag hunting. 

Then one of the LET member PM'ed me why you join Andolini you're our enemy sorry for killing you, He also said in PM your member killed us in morning so we're here for revenge lmfao...

Also one more thing they said call your friend via Walkie Talkie, I said i don't have any friend, then they said there's a Victor Andolini online stop lying. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Complete Metagaming, They're lucky cause there's no rules for Metagaming.

Edited by Faizan