BUZZ TIMES | INTERVIEW: TED WOODS

BUZZ TIMES

l4PA1pp.png

CANDIDATE INTERVIEW: TED WOODS

Buzz Times will be starring all governor candidates in exclusive, in-depth interviews

Jester Dupont - BT Editor | CANDIDATE INTERVIEW: TED WOODS

In an exclusive initiative aiming to improve public debate and enpower our readers with information, Buzz Times will be hosting a series of interviews with all governor candidates, one per day. Interviews will be published by the order of applicance - starting with Ted Woods. Tuesday [3], Hilly Flores will be the one to feature these pages. To end, Declan Kavanagh is expected to offer us his views at Wednesday [4].

In our first interview, we host candidate Ted Woods. Labeling himself a liberal, and running as an independent candidate, he places himself as a "man of the people", at the same time flexing his ideas through the various proposed points for debate.

Screenshot_1.png

Candidate Ted Woods in his business office, in Los Santos.

Tell our readers in a brief paragraph: who is Ted Woods?

Ted Woods is just another citizen who came out of the crowd because he was tired of the same old problems not being considered. And this is why I feel connected to every citizen out there. I do not come from those mansions in Richman, I come from those small apartments in El Corona. I understand everyday problems that the people face. And the thing that upsets me the most is the huge gap between the rich and the poor. While those established multi-millionaires make a fortune, common citizens struggle because of high taxes. I want to change all this, I want to bridge this gap. I believe quality of life matters most in any State.

What does Ted Woods proposes to make San Andreas a better place to live?

First off, let’s start with crime rates. We see crime rates increasing every day. I believe the cause of this is that not many people consider actually applying in any law enforcement. This is because of the lack of incentives that are offered to an officer. Low paychecks also play a heavy role in this. I seek to change all these. First thing I might do would announce an area called “Police Colony” which will basically give free houses to all officers of the law so that they can live there together and have a sense of community even when off-duty. We will also host events in this colony so as to bring officers further closer and to know each other better. This will encourage more and more people to be a part of the PD. I am thinking about the same thing for SAFMD as well.

Second, the bloodshed in Bone County. I have been shouting since forever that this rivalry has resulted in nothing but bloodshed on both the sides. This has also deprived the region of BC from any sort of development. We will be giving an independently chosen candidate from the region of BC a seat in the cabinet where he/she can suggest any changes they want to see. This will finally end all the bloodshed. I have no idea why no Governor did this before us. Everyone saw them as enemies but I want to see them as friends.

Third, racism. Since the last election, I have been thinking about a law which will prevent racism. Racism is a tumour to our nation and it has to be removed as soon as possible otherwise it will spread and will lead to our demise.

Fourth, as I stated above, I seek to decrease the gap between the rich and the poor. I have plans for that which I am still working on and hence I will not reveal them in this interview.

Fifth, COVID-19. I have not seen any Governor taking this seriously. Why? I don’t know! This is a problem in plain sight yet it is being ignored. I will make sure I will do something about this. We are still in the process of making plans and hence I am not commenting on anything specific.

[...]

Considering rampant crime rates in the state, do you have any ideas or plans for the SAPD, SASD, and law enforcing in general?

I have already stated my major ideas above. Some more things that I will be doing are regular meetings with both the higher positions as well as the regular troopers so that I can make sure that everyone is satisfied with the role they play in this State. I want to be a part of the citizens instead of acting like a ruler, any guy can talk to me on the streets and they won’t be ignored.

Militias sieging our people in the counties, and dangerously approaching our cities. Do you believe they fight for legit causes, or they're terrorists?

As I stated above, the Bone County has been fighting for their cause since forever and hence it seems a more genuine request. Also we have come to a conclusion that they won’t request a separate state anymore if I provide them a seat in the cabinet. I have met those people and they are very genuine people and just want some good for their region.

On the other hand, the Forest Brothers just seems like Richie couldn’t handle his power being stripped from him and hence he wants a separate state so he can rule it. They are using their private military and have ordered to kill any law enforcement on sight. I will not give a separate state to a bunch of criminals like Richie! I want to say to the people of San Andreas, this is the man you elected! Don’t repeat the same mistake twice!

How do you intend to handle taxes, businesses and housing issues?

Businesses play the most important role in the economy and hence shall be supported immensely. I seek to continue the State funding but implement it even better with more focussed monitoring on usage of funds and making sure that the funds even reach the small businesses and not just the big corporations. [...]

Housing is also an issue in the state for the lower section of the society. Hence I seek to offer free housing to those below a particular net worth. This will help people who are new to the state by giving them a small headstart so that they can focus on growth rather than just surviving.

Taxes are something that are a matter of circumstances and hence I can’t comment much on those. But I can assure the public that I will try to keep them as low as possible. I am not here to make money, I am here for the welfare of the public.

What is your stance in the following matters: 1) drugs; 2) abortion and 3) minorities?

All drugs excluding weed are extremely harmful substances and shall not be possessed by any citizen of the State. Weed on the other hand, according to researchers, has it’s benefits and hence a small amount has been made legal by the previous governors. I currently have no plans of making any changes related to drugs.

I consider abortion equal to murder. It is a highly condemned practice and shall not be done until and unless absolutely necessary. Although everyone has their reasons which sometimes force them to do things which they never thought they would have to do. Abortion is one of the most difficult decsions any mother can take. I believe that abortions should be stopped but obviously there are circumstances that we cannot predict.

I have already talked above about the racism and poverty the minorities face. I have discussed the racism law and the free housing, I hope that all this will help the minorities grow further. They too are a part of us!

What message does Ted Woods wants to leave to our readers?

At the end, I would just like to point out that this state has seen variety of Governors, from the ones who were impeached, the ones who only seeked their own or their friends’ benefits to those who glorified themselves by building their own statues, I stand apart by being a part of you all!

Subscribers 

@Lilith@Kacper@AhadSaab Jatt@Andrew Clarson@Oldman@HaLiM@N0TME@Marsh@AmmY@SixFeetUnder@Carl Brook @Zarif

Subscribe for the latest news and articles by following the instructions below.

Spoiler

To subscribe to Buzz Times for completely FREE then please fill out the form provided below and email here [CLICK]. Every time we have some breaking news or release a new article, you will get a profile mention and receive an alert to the release.

Form

Name: <name>

Profile Link: <link>

COMMENT

To comment, please use form provided below. 

Name: <username>

Comment: <comment>

SPONSORS

s7Kd84v.png   paMkzrP.png

Buzz Times © Copyright 2020.

Edited by BUZZ TIMES