[POLITICS] Marko's blog - New Governor of San Andreas and my overview on them.

cavosavosk

Marko's blog - New Governor of San Andreas and my overview on them

Welcome to my small little blogpost! This section will be primarly directed towards politics and upcoming elections in the San Andreas state. About what I will be writing here even? Well as we all know, politics can be a bit hard to understand sometimes, and moreover with upcoming election it is even harder. Therefore I will be trying to summarize my view, as an ordinary citizen, to give out the important bits of what is needed. I will try to attend as many campaing events as possible to give as many objective information as possible.

Currently there are 2 serios applicants running for the Governor's position:

• Tyche Blackfyre with Jay Harmon
  • Lance McLaughtin with Simon Solo

Which one to vote? Only time will tell...

((I will be trying to update on canditates as much as I can, but I have some IRL inqueries aswell, therefore I can't attend every single campaing event. I am not a natural english speaker, therefore kind apologies for any gramatical errors.))

• Like 1

The first meeting was being held by Mr. Blackfyre yesterday (5.1.2021) in the Cityhall's Press Room.

Well, what I think was good, was that Mr. Blackfyre immediately started adressing current problems in the state. As an example, he mentioned current Gang Wars within San Andreas and it's impact on civilians aswell as Covid Pandemic spreading around the state. "Great news!" you might say. Sort of... You see, it's good that we KNOW that problems exist, but I as Voter would expect some direct solutions to these problems. Okey, it was mentioned that Gangs will be handled by Police Department, but not exact procedures on how it is going to look like.
Next up, the COVID. The Virus which we are fighting now nearly for 2 years around the world. Mr. Blackfyre alongside with Mr. Harmon said that they have a solution to this matter. They want to finally control the cases properly by controlling large gatherings aswell as distributing vaccines "which they developed(?)". No doubts on it, they seriously are tired of people being irresponsible, they want to have the pandemic under control, which is good. But hold on for a second, they want to control large gatherings and yet they organised Public Conference in Press Room? That just does not sound right... I haven't seen a lot of people wearing a mask there, and yet they want to control such things.
And lastly, departmental paychecks. It would't be a candidate without talking about them. Again, promoting raises to both SAPD and SAFD like every other candidate. I will stop by on SAPD for a second, Mr. Harmon was proposing raising funds, therefore paychecks aswell so that SAPD can solve the first problem, Gang Wars. As we did not hear exact things we do not know if the paychecks would be raised before or after PD starts action or what not... On the other hand, funding SAFD and also promoting it's action is crucial. Lack of skilled staff on duty endangers all of us by a big margin. Hopefully it wont be a "one time money injection" rather than thorough fix.
One thing which dissapointed me was that I have not witnessed a space for people's questions. ((I had to go afk for 4-5 minutes, but I reviewed chatlogs)) Hopefully next time I would be able to ask some things. 

My global overview on Mr. Blackfyre and Mr. Harmon?
Their intentions are to make San Andreas safer and more peacefull, which is great. But we miss out on HOW they want to exactly achieve some goals. Bland promises aren't really solutions to big problems, but proper plans are.

Marko

To submit a reply please use the format:
Name:
Comment:

Edited by cavosavosk (Marko)
  • Like 1

Name: Oldman
Comment: State Government should lock down entire Idlewood for a week and arrest or shoot anyone that trespasses. This looks more than terrorism than just regular gang activity and we have had enough! If only Richie Kavanagh was here, he would know what to do.. 

My view on Lance McLaughtin. Should you vote for him?

Due to my inqueries I was not in the town for the majority of campaings, but I had some spare time to visit two small campaigns of Mr. McLaughtin. They were not too long, but I think I have gained usefull information to write about.
Let's start with Mr. McLaughtin's attitude. He is a forcible speaker I must say. Every idea which he wants to do, he emphasises it to a great extent. His appeal on the crowd is quite substantual, knows how to attract masses. He even went to the extent of advertising his actions throughout the city as some of you may seen. Mr. McLaughtin claims he is just like the majority of people, just the regular citizen, but with a vision to make changes. Well only time and votes will tell us.
One of his promises as future governor is to support the newly immigrated and unemployed "masses". From what I heard, a group of people would be formed to take care of these citizens, they would pretty much help those unemployed and immigrated to find a job, or a living place, etc. That's how I heard it... Is it a good plan? Maybe, eh hard to judge. From my overview it will be hard to firstly find those "helping individuals" which would like to participate in such project. Sure, there are people who "have their hearts at the right place" but mostly, this era is a bit too selfish in my opinion. We will see on how it is going to work out.
Next up, marijuana legalization. Marijuana, or cannabis, is as per now allowed, but only up to quantity of 350grams or one joint. Mr McLaughtin is willing to remove such limits and make it fully legal with imposed taxes on it. This vastly increases chances of getting votes favouring his side, HOWEVER... Getting such thing legalised and moreover taxed requires a looot of effort, if Mr. McLaughtin has the will do to it, well good for him. Also, getting such thing accepted and supported by Federal Goverment would be another impossible task from my view.

Mr. McLaughtin did one of his speeches without and one with his partner Mr. Simon Solo. What I can say about him? Nothing much really, he wasn't really speaking a lot. To some it may seem as he is just "marionette" but maybe his qualities will show when he will be sorting most of the things, who knows? Also, Mr. McLaughtin was answering people's questions without hassle, but I cannot really judge off of this, as I only attended the first campaign event of his opponent.

My global overview on Mr. McLaughtin and Mr. Solo?
Their plans are ambitious, they want to bring big changes to current system. How are these changes going to work out we sort of know, but their extent is so major that it brings up a question "Is it even possible?" 

Marko

Name:
Comment:

Final overview before voting period begins, and a small look behind

To start off we will recap actions of our, now leaving, governor Mr. Procciuto. After he was elected back in October, with a quite unusual application method, he began his 3 month period as governor of San Andreas. From my memories his actions firstly revolved around now extinct terrorist organisation named Liberational Movement of San Andreas operating in Flint County region. I remember hearing from him at one of his meetings in Fort Carson that LMSA won't be a thing in the next 2 weeks. And yes, he was right. Shall we give him honours for dealing with this organisation? Well I don't really know, you shall decide. Next up he followed what others were continuing in, State Business Support Fund. As I am business owner, I was applying for these funds and with Mr. Proccuito in charge, things were goin smoothly. Then for some time his actions in the goverment went a bit silent, only a small toll adjustment here, Law amendent there. Then we had a lot of changes revolving around Fort Carson Municipality, such as new hospital and town hall interior overhauls. Final cherry on top was the newly built Mako Island built southern from Santa Maria Beach molo which was targetted for those who are a bit more wealthy. I even had the opportunity to ask him, why to create a thing like this. Answer was to improve economy. You might say, well I doubt something like this helps it at all. But yet it did help, by sucking up some cash from the wealthy ones and bridging the economy gap. 
Do you think he served our state well?

Now, what do we have coming in the next 3 months from our candidates?
Blackfyre/Harmon: Addressing current rioting gangs in the Los Santos, therefore improving the living standard by decreasing crime. Moreover raise in paycheck of govermental departments such as SAPD and SAFD. Also Addressing the global COVID-19 pandemic by preventive measurements, such as vaccination for example.
McLaughtin/Solo: Creating a system to integrate unemployed and immigrated people into the system, helping them. Next up, legalizing marijuana in the state of San Andreas with proper taxing scheme to it. To add up, focusing on the problems of the masses, the majority of the citizens. 

Both candidates are striving to achieve similar things, but not the same ones. They are trying to appeal on the majority of people, but both in a bit different way. Now it is up to you on what you think should be sorted, what should be prioritised. Voting opens at today's midnight ((00:00 CET)) and will run for 48hours. Go to Cityhall and place a vote! I have my candidate picked, do you have yours too?

Marko

Name:
Comment:

• Like 1