Clarification of Rule 16 - "MISUSE OF NON-ROLEPLAY AND ROLEPLAY INFORMATION"

Julio

I'm hoping server management can clarify and update a rule for me. 

Rule 16 - "MISUSE OF NON-ROLEPLAY AND ROLEPLAY INFORMATION" 

For those of you unfamiliar with the rule, please see it below. It appears to be "no meta-gaming" in a far lengthier form.

Spoiler

16. MISUSE OF NON-ROLEPLAY AND ROLEPLAY INFORMATION

This rule prohibits the ways of misuse of roleplay and non-roleplay information, either by using information you obtained through non-roleplay ways in a roleplay situation, or by using non-roleplay chats to roleplay.

Roleplay chats:

• Walkie-talkie
  • Shouts
  • Megaphone
  • Whisper
  • Local talk
  • Phone

Non-roleplay chats:

• Public chat
  • Ask chat
  • Private messages
  • Group messages
  • Local out of roleplay chat (( /b ))

Additional notes:

• /do is for describing environment, not for speaking, chatting and other such use.
  • /me is for describing an action, not for speaking, chatting and other such use.

Example:

[#01] John Doe uses /pm to Jane Doe in order to organize a drug deal between them.

[#02] John Doe uses /p to ask if anybody wishes to purchase his house.

[#03] John Doe uses /gm to call for backup while getting kidnapped.

Minimal punishment:

• Warning on first offense.
  • Admin jail up to 15 minutes on second offense.
  • Admin jail up to 30 minutes on third offense.
  • Permanent ban if continued.

I have consistently been informed that map blips and name-tags are allowed to be used as IC information. For example, a player hiding behind a bush who cannot be seen on screen can be found using a map blip, or the PD can suspect a player by their ID simply by seeing their name-tag.

Nothing in the rules states this is allowed and I feel it confuses newer players joining an RP server expecting the same rules as other servers, reading the rules to confirm, then being told in the inevitable admin situation that occurs that it IS allowed. This feels like a "word of mouth" rule that no new player would be able to find.

The rule is effectively saying "you can't meta-game," which is then followed by an admin saying "well, you can a bit"

Can the bounds of this rule please be added to the clarifications section. I understand why the term "meta-gaming" is not used, as frankly, most people seem to do it... but by the wording of the rule, 99% of players are consistently breaking a server rule by using map blips and name-tags.

Thanks!

J.

• Community Manager

newer players joining an RP server expecting the same rules as other servers

other servers (at least roleplay ones) don't have map icons

map icons are there and realistically people won't ignore them, if they see a guy on map icon or a cop approaching while drug dealing, they'll use the map icon to alter their original action to avoid any consequences

and we cannot expect people to ignore the map icons or we might as well then just permanently disable them, which also a big half does not want

therefore using map icons is allowed because.. they are there and we can't force people to ignore them or otherwise why'd we keep them enabled

• Community Manager

i just explained that it's not against rules to use map icons because everyone uses map icons and if it wouldn't be allowed then we'd just disable map icons because they serve no purpose if they are to be ignored

I do agree. Rules are very vague here in Mudoo. When Carters want its strict heavy RP the next day its light RP where you can read peoples names above their heads. Creators of the server need to sit down and write out these rules more clearly. (In one main topic where the server rules are).

Edited by Oldman

I understand you've explained it, it has been explained many times in many topics - it does not exist in the main rules topic and needs to be added, a new player cannot be reasonably expected to read every single forum topic to gain an understanding of what is a basic rule.

Edited by Julio
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
23 minutes ago, Oldman said:

I do agree. Rules are very vague here in Mudoo. When Carters want its strict heavy RP the next day its light RP where you can read peoples names above their heads. Creators of the server need to sit down and write out these rules more clearly.

Spoiler

## recent times

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

## a year ago

image.png

:o shocking who is the one supporting rules to be specific and detailed 

• James locked this topic