Declan_Finney banned by Management

Ramo
Only staff members and topic author can reply to this topic.

• What is your in-game name?
    Declan_Finney

• Which staff member banned you?
    Management

• When did you get banned?
    07/19/19

• What is the ban reason?
    Attempting to trade IG Currency for IRL Assets.

• Personal comment

I was one of the Mudoo players who received a Nitro Classic subscription worth of USD 5,00 from Damon. Damon offered us free Nitro when he bragged about the huge amount of pocket money he recieves. He is a spoiled child, giving away free Nitro subscriptions and random moderator rights and brags about community donations. We were gifted this subscription to boost my own private Discord server, just like the moderator rights on his Discord server.

There was in no way a mutual agreement to trade 500K in game money with Discord Nitro until he created this story and claimed that I owed him money. I have donated tens of euros to Mudoo. I really do not understand what made you believe I would trade in game money for only USD 5,00 when I can spend my own cash. I never sent him cash nor was I planning to and that's why this non sense 'attempted' reason was set up. I am the only one banned while the other party of this non existing trade is not. Neither are the other players who received this subscription.

I would like to play again.

• Like 6
  • Popcorn 1

Hello, Declan_Finney!

Thank you for submitting an unban request, our staff members will review it shortly. Until then, follow some of these instructions:

1. Do not message staff members to review your unban request, it will result in extension of its reviewal time.
  2. Be honest and do not attempt to lie to us. We will deny your request upon discovering lies.
  3. Getting banned multiple times is a serious concern and should not happen at all. With every ban your chances of unban are reduced.

In the meantime, do not attempt to ban evade. That will directly lead to denial of your request.

Damon has been giving free Nitro subscriptions to several players. I offered him a small amount of cash merely as gesture of appreciation for his free giveaway. The in game money wasn't necessarily required to get the subscription.

The messages were deleted after I discussed the gift and my donation with my friends. I realised it was a bad idea to have offered him this donation so I deleted the messages as the conversation could be taken out of context.

Even though this situation with Damon was never really a secret, I don't know why people were worried for admins to find out. I don't think people were. People just didn't want this misunderstanding to happen.

• Like 7

• Community Manager

Using the word "donation" instead of "payment" doesn't change the fact that this was intended to be a trade, twisting the words and changing the term won't change the fact that you tried to perform a trade against the server rules. I don't see how can Damon bargain with you about the price if it was a donation. I also don't find sense in deleting messages and in the panic people have when they discovered that the "deal" got to the admins. We need honesty in here.

• Like 2

Speaking of honesty, I actually never intended to pay Damon in game cash. Multiple people can confirm since I have shared it on Discord before I was banned. Perhaps that is the reason I am banned for an attempt. 

I have never denied receiving the Discord subscription, I have admitted that agreeing to send him in game money would have been wrong.

• Like 4

• Community Manager

image.png

Again, what's so wrong with your act if it was also concerning you that logs are read?

image.png

Ah you'd BUY a discord nitro for a year if he was willing? $500,000 in-game for a $100 worth discord nitro? now that's cheap!

• Popcorn 5

I often warn people for log nitpicking by the management. My only concern was for the management to read one particular phrase or message and then get accused of things that are half true. 

The 500K in game cash for a year Nitro subscription should not be taken literally or out of context. This comment was made during a longer conversation. We never really discussed this as a serious offer for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

These messages were just said without going into detail. 500K in game cash for a year Nitro subscription worth of 100USD. Of course nobody would agree to such a trade.

Eventually it is Discord. Things are said, discussed and joked about. Some people appear to choose to misuse it. I have already admitted discussing this idea was not right.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Well if you cannot admit your honest intentions even after we presented all these proof, and there's more that we didn't present, then there's not much we can achieve with this appeal.

You knew trade is wrong and against the rules, you used the term "donation" to make it sound like it's voluntary while there was an attempt to even deal a year worth nitro for $500,000.

I believe I did not try to make excuses or twist this situation. I admitted my wrongdoings and tried to explain it from my perspective. I did it because I was not aware it would be forbidden.

I understand the position of the management and therefore understand I am banned.

• Like 4
  • Popcorn 1

• Community Manager

well initially you were saying 

There was in no way a mutual agreement to trade 500K in game money with Discord Nitro

I really do not understand what made you believe I would trade in game money for only USD 5,00 when I can spend my own cash.

I never sent him cash nor was I planning to and that's why this non sense 'attempted' reason was set up.

So, there was no mutual agreement to trade 500k, you do not understand what made us believe you would trade in-game money for $5 when you can spend your own cash, and you never sent him NOR planned to send him... and then:

I admit to have made an attempt to trade a Nitro subscription for in game cash.

so how was there no twisting and lying?

• Thanks 1

I referred to my intention not to pay Damon at all as he gave it for free to others as well. And it was not worth it because it is only 5,00USD. But since I cannot prove my intention I admit to have discussed and attempted to trade in game cash for a Nitro subscription.

• Like 5

• Community Manager

Alright well we'll unban you considering this is a first ban and a chance is given.

I advise you to play for the entertainment and fun in the server. Not for money, not for domination, not for fame and whatsoever. 

Becoming too greedy corrupts people and it mostly leads to rulebreaking to achieve something more than currently in possession. 

• Like 1