Community input needed

Richard

Warehouses.

Recently we have noticed how there are so many warehouses around the game and they're clearly way too overpowered. The idea was designed to simply add new content to the server and activities to the criminal groups, so we're seeking a solution for the warehouses.

What we may or may not be doing is simply restrict warehouses to official criminal groups only(+their members), that way people can have something to work towards instead of each player individually owning his own warehouse.

Now, what do you guys think? - Should we restrict warehouses to official groups only?It would be highly appreciated to state your reasons for your opinion.

Edited by Richard

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic

Was about to suggest this, I highly think groups have nothing to work towards ,  that leads to some sort of demotivation, seeing that you get nothing for having an official one.

EDIT: Making it so that only official group owners can get the bonus from selling drugs was already a step on the right direction regarding this matter.

Edited by Digaz

Why only to official groups? 

For a second I'll keep my family affiliations apart. Just for say I want to play Solo so I'm unable to use warehouse am I right? That is not good.

Why don't we add something like notoriety? After a peculiar notoriety we can unload and /warehouse. Only owner can do the /warehouse to avoid asking someone with required notoriety/criminal level to unload and /warehouse.

If the thing I suggested is unlikely to be added, I do support what you said. Warehouses should be exclusive ! 

5 hours ago, Digaz said:

I highly think groups have nothing to work towards ,  that leads to some sort of demotivation, seeing that you get nothing for having an official one.

And not only warehouses, but there should be other profits to.. Every group would be motivated to give their best into roleplay. That's the key to having a great rpish community, atleast the way I see it.

8 minutes ago, Rizzi said:

And not only warehouses, but there should be other profits to.. Every group would be motivated to give their best into roleplay. That's the key to having a great rpish community, atleast the way I see it.

Completely agree.

2 hours ago, CraZe said:

Those people who want to play solo and stay without a faction can buy weapons fron official faction members, as for notoriety, I would say warehouee system is much more better than notoriety.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

I dont agree with the idea.

You wouldn't since you own a warehouse, but then again let's be honest most of the people who will disagree to this probably owns a warehouse.

3 hours ago, CraZe said:

You wouldn't since you own a warehouse, but then again let's be honest most of the people who will disagree to this probably owns a warehouse.

why would I spend 2m for nothing ? I can give others permission to work at it, doesnt that work ?

3 minutes ago, Marcello said:

why would I spend 2m for nothing ? I can give others permission to work at it, doesnt that work ?

The point here is the opposite of what you're saying. Less people should have access to warehouses because they're /overpowered/. I see newbies who craft weaponry while they should be exploring the first basics of the server. This whole situation is nonsense right now, which leads to instant dismotivation.

There is no way to "undo" what has been done due to poor planning and little to no structure behind the warehouse idea.

You can not simply go and remove the warehouses from those that aren't in "official" groups nor is it a good idea to say that you are going to limit it to official groups only. What does that mean for up and coming groups? They also have potential and should be given the opportunity to own a warehouse for competition sake.

A large official group can be undermined by the smaller group that owns a warehouse by careful planning and work. That's what it's all about isn't it? A competitive market? If it is limited to only official groups, that leaves all of these smaller groups in the dark with no purpose.

Sure it can be seen as "motivation" to get to an official status to be able to own a warehouse, but by the time they do that the current official groups have already taken over most of the state with the money earned off said warehouses. At the end of the day there's a limited number of warehouses and to restrict them even further to only official groups doesn't seem too worthwhile.

Sadly the property prices for the warehouses was seriously overlooked and should have been far greater given the amount of money one of those can produce but it's too late to make a change to the value without upsetting all of those invested in their warehouses already so you will have to let that slide.

If a solo person wishes to own a warehouse and they are going to run the operation solo, well so be it and why would you stop them?

If they are given a way to "employ" people that can be granted access to work with the warehouse, then that system would be perfect.

You dug your own grave by letting anyone own a warehouse when they should have been for official factions.  There's no point in having them for official only now, unless you removed the existing ones.  Which is just going to provoke a typical upset response.  

I'm all for removing existing ones and just refunding the owners what they paid plus extra for any runs they've done.  Else you could just make existing WH take longer to produce, materials cost more and take more to produce.  Might annoy a few people but makes them less OP than official faction owned ones. 

2 hours ago, Vendrell. said:

You dug your own grave by letting anyone own a warehouse when they should have been for official factions.  There's no point in having them for official only now, unless you removed the existing ones.  Which is just going to provoke a typical upset response.  

I'm all for removing existing ones and just refunding the owners what they paid plus extra for any runs they've done.  Else you could just make existing WH take longer to produce, materials cost more and take more to produce.  Might annoy a few people but makes them less OP than official faction owned ones. 

We could give them full price + extra stuffs perhaps cases or more cash? that way they might not be upset

1 hour ago, Mr.Pacho said:

Instead of relating it to Official Families just relate it to Notoriety/criminal level.  Hence, not everyone will be able to craft.

We get it you don't want to lose however many WH you have but the point is you shouldn't have been able to get them in the first place.

Notoriety?  Did you get that from X server.  

35 minutes ago, CraZe said:

We could give them full price + extra stuffs perhaps cases or more cash? that way they might not be upset

Refund the price of it and extra.  Only people upset about this are current WH owners, if your faction is as good as you think you'll get official and get one again.  

Ain't to late to remove them. 

20 hours ago, Mr.Pacho said:

Instead of relating it to Official Families just relate it to Notoriety/criminal level.  Hence, not everyone will be able to craft.

And have players with notoriety/criminal level avoid any and all interactions or even logging into game to not lose it?

4 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Remove all warehouses, restrict them to official groups only. Refund owners with the full price they paid and that's it, one less problem to stress over.

Disregard the time and effort the owners have put in to getting such properties, the work they have already put in whilst owning them and just say "fu".

Brilliant plan if you wish to upset players and leave a bad taste in their mouth.

I take it you do not own a warehouse or if you do, you don't even use it hence your opinion is extremely one sided.

25 minutes ago, Devin said:

Disregard the time and effort the owners have put in to getting such properties, the work they have already put in whilst owning them and just say "fu".

Brilliant plan if you wish to upset players and leave a bad taste in their mouth.

I take it you do not own a warehouse or if you do, you don't even use it hence your opinion is extremely one sided.

Time? What time? Lmao all they did was abuse the weed houses with duplicate keys and earn extremely high amounts of cash.

As for the effort don't even get me started, 0 roleplay other than grinding drugs for the war to win best properties alongside the map.

I couldn't care less if they lost their warehouses. Warehouse owners are also the ones whose networth exceeds atleast a 3-5 million value. You want a warehouse? Earn it. Don't come with the "upset players" card because one property less wouldn't harm a huge fortune.

No, I don't own a warehouse. I wasn't part of the "let's get best properties to bring absolutely 0 roleplay" race. 

Edited by Vladislav