main_line.png

As you have seen lately, the lately released Roleplay server known as RPG has made a huge success and hopefully it will continue. Our management and our developers goal now is to revive our COD:GW server while at the same time they will keep on giving updates to RPG.

Now as most of you may know that this server had many ups and downs due to many internal problems (the betrayal of Vandetta then the failure of Ultimate Gaming). And that made many of our players quit the server due to a three time stats reset and  not that much of new features. So I am addressing this  topic to our fellow community members, we need your feedback, your ideas  and your point of view to bring this server back to its glorious times since you are the people who can judge it.

How can you help?

Lately, I have so many people from admins and players saying that we need to change the server name due to the reputation it gained in the latest years. I might agree with those people but they didnt give much ideas about a new server name.

So my friends, I am asking you to give us your feedback to ameliorate the server and its features that I will mention in this topic.

- If you have in mind an idea for a new name post it in our suggestions board;

- If you have any features to be added or features that need to be changed due to reasons and failure to comply its role, post it in our suggestions board.

Features that we have right now

We have got plenty of features that used to be and may still be unique such us:

- Duel system;

- Event system which used to be created by lead administrators and plus like TDM event, DM event, Shamal event, PTP event and so many others;

- Different mass deadly weapons such us Bioligical weapon, nukes, EMPs,  AAD;

- We have different classes that you unlock by getting the score that I will mention down below

-Different teams

-Mines and C4

-Military Equipment and many other potential zones that gives you some advantages

-Dead bodies (used especially by spies)

-Dropping weapons

-Bonus zone and bonus player

-Automated anti base rape

-Plane bombs and Refuilling station

-Medkits

- Headshot system and helmets

- Anti c-bug

-Death-match stadium and minigun stadium

-clan system but the clan wars are missing so I did some manually

-Customized map

... and way too many other features that I may not know or even know about. Either way mainly it is the old script

Classes, their abilities  and others

Assault: no ability 

Medic:healing himself and his team mates

Support: giving health and armor

Demo:arming and disarming mines and c4s

Custom: customize your class the way you want

Pilots : using hydras,hunters and seasparrows

Engineers: fixing cars, antennas and using tanks

Spy: disguise into other team skin from a dead body

Tournaments and lack of active Staff members

When the server will be back(hopefully it will), we are planning on organizing summer games and tournaments which hopefully will not be a failure like what happened in spring games. So we are hiring some staff members due to the lack of staff members. So if you are an ex staff member or you have some experience in administrating contact any manager or community manager about it or even you can apply for the moderator position. Even if you don't want to be hired you can suggest for us some events that you may like to see and kindly explain them

• Like 2

• Dylan unpinned and pinned this topic

I give some advice .

1.Need to be Some celebrate.

2.If we cap A51 it will give us Combat.

3.Fix Veh's lag's. Veh's go In ground.And Germany Haven't Hydra.

4.in Some Place Maper's  don't work good.And We need New MAP for More Fun and Player.

Thanks.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, iMoamDeh said:

3.Fix Veh's lag's. Veh's go In ground.

There isn't anything wrong with vehicles (or you say veh's lag) some vehicles will go underground because SA-MP load/sync vehicles before map, for example maybe you see an airfield with plane Andromeda there, if that airfield doesn't exist in original GTA map Andromeda will go underground! 

as far as i know, it cannot be fixed unless they move vehicles spawn place to somewhere else that not being mapped/edited (original GTA map).

Edited by Dr.Amir
  • Like 2

Well if RPG is what players are focusing on why don't you try to do some cross-over events? Like event on COD:GW giving you a prize on RPG. Groups vs Groups TDM, capture specific zone etc. It's all the same community and the servers shouldn't be seen as "opponents" but instead as complementary. Talk to the Chief of the PD to organize some shooting trainings at COD:GW for example! 

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

I'd say you need to focus on the simple things more, don't make things too much advanced as players will not even bother to play. I haven't play in the server yet but as far as I am concerned there is no Attack and Defense mod or Last Man Standing. Both of these are really good gamemodes, and if they gets added to the server with a top 10 ranking system, I would definitely play.

12 hours ago, CraZe said:

I'd say you need to focus on the simple things more, don't make things too much advanced as players will not even bother to play. I haven't play in the server yet but as far as I am concerned there is no Attack and Defense mod or Last Man Standing. Both of these are really good gamemodes, and if they gets added to the server with a top 10 ranking system, I would definitely play.

Scan you elaborate more the idea of attack and defense?

Attack and Defense Its Same as Clan War Mode that's what he said

If we get clanwar system added we will attract bunch of players, instead of admins arranging them.

As nicest said we need to advertise it on SAMP Forums and many other places the main problem is many new players see 0 players and they don't want to join server because of less players.

And I can tell Developer(s) are not interested in GW many bug reports are there no one cares many suggestions are there nobody cares.

Edited by RAGERaven

• Community Owner
6 hours ago, RAGERaven said:

And I can tell Developer(s) are not interested in GW many bug reports are there no one cares many suggestions are there nobody cares.

We are actually interested in "reveiving" the Global Warfare server but we are with two server developers (@LocMax  and myself) that are currently working on the RPG server and have a life besides developing. We planned in updating the Global Warfare server too, but right now our main focus is to fix the bugs of the RPG server so that's stable enough to run further. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dylan said:

We are actually interested in "reveiving" the Global Warfare server but we are with two server developers (@LocMax  and myself) that are currently working on the RPG server and have a life besides developing. We planned in updating the Global Warfare server too, but right now our main focus is to fix the bugs of the RPG server so that's stable enough to run further. 

I understand you guys have life's and its good focusing on RPG but besides that you guys must focus on gw a little bit on its bugs maybe for now? 

• Community Owner
16 hours ago, RAGERaven said:

I understand you guys have life's and its good focusing on RPG but besides that you guys must focus on gw a little bit on its bugs maybe for now? 

That's mainly the plan. I gave @OUSSEMA the Manager rank to gather all player suggestions and bug reports so we can take care of it if we find a free spot (+ put it on hosting tab again). But right now I'm too busy with RL (work) so wont happen this week.

• Thanks 1

Well then start gathering solid ideas, suggestions, plans. @OUSSEMA

Also, players won't join the server if it's always 0/200. It's up to the staff team to start increasing some activity and define plans do make the game mod attractive again.

Facebook posts, SA:MP forums, "Visit our COD:GW server!" message on RPG, well structured events, Clan VS Clan tournament, RPG prizes etc.

Let's not sweep away the guilt to the developers because the server had a good player base at its current state: I'm sure there's more to be done but I don't think it's worth it if we don't have players in it. It's all about resource management: RP server has a big player base and its in constant development to keep usual players motivated and surely attract new ones - difference from COD is that there are actually players - so it's time well invested and with a positive outcome. 

Giving 1 Missile to everyone or increase the kill streak bonus ideas won't lead anywhere. 

Let's go, players, admin team, let's get the ball rolling. 

Edited by Morais
broken english, sorry
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morais said:

Well then start gathering solid ideas, suggestions, plans. @OUSSEMA

Also, players won't join the server if it's always 0/200. It's up to the staff team to start increasing some activity and define plans do make the game mod attractable again.

Facebook posts, SA:MP forums, "Visit our COD:GW server!" message on RPG, well structured events, Clan VS Clan tournament, RPG prizes etc.

Let's not sweep away the guilt to the developers because the server had a good player base at its current state: I'm sure there's more to be done but I don't think it's worth it if we don't have players in it. It's all about resource management: RP server has a big player base and its in constant development to keep usual players motivated and surely attract new ones - difference from COD is that there are actually players - so it's time well invested and with a positive outcome. 

Giving 1 Missile to everyone or increase the kill streak bonus ideas won't lead anywhere. 

Let's go, players, admin team, let's get the ball rolling. 

I am gathering some ideas and I actually asked a few players about some ideas and here is what I got. 

Many people asked to add new classes to the game, add side missions but they didn't give me some examples yet. I saw as well some quite interesting ideas on the forums such us this and this. I am trying to see if anyone wants to be hired as staff member to help me. Well my staff team is quite interested in the game but we are only 6 admins (4 juniors,1 lead and me) which is definitely not going to help much in the server. Plus I am a newly promoted manager and none (no other manager) is here to help me or to teach me and I am not set yet ig.

I am now co working with raven in making a new promo video to share on the SA:MP forums and I am quite sure RPG staff and players aren't that much interested about joining our server. With 4 clans I can't organise a clan tournament. I don't get how the RPG prizes will help COD:GW grow(kindly elaborate this idea more). I already tried to schedule some event ideas (maybe I ll share them later today) but I need some scripts for it (which are out of my reach now). I don't want the failure of the spring games to repeat. I am trying to see some worthy staff(admins) and stuff(ideas) but the players and the community aren't helping me quite a lot. Everyone is just giving random ideas. 

I understand that you might feel lack of support from the seniors but that's not an excuse to go with the flow. If you're interested like you say, and I believe it because I've worked alongside with you, there must be twice the effort to learn stuff the hard way and by yourself. You're now the brain of this server and you need a set of arms like Shiva. I'm already full of college work, FD and now this new position at the RPG server but my PM is always open for interested and dedicated staff like you.

Now the RPG prizes: It's obvious that the new server is getting a huge "boom" of players - old and new ones - and everyone is working to build their own estate and properties. By making cross-over events with the RPG server you'll get people from both servers attending and it will be a win-win situation: RPG players will have to log in COD GW server(which is most certain since everyone likes to prove themselves like the best shooters around, prove that their family/group is stronger than their enemies, etc) in order to get RPG prizes(money, weapon supplies, drugs, whatever) and vice-versa raising both playerbase - maintaining them motivated is the real catch here. Of course that the above idea would have to be discussed between the leadership of both servers and community management but I can't see any negative side to this.

If my broken english isn't enough for you to understand fully the idea just hit me up at Discord.

• Popcorn 1

• 4 months later...
  • Dylan locked this topic
  • Dylan unlocked this topic