Enforcement of rules relating to toxicity, racism, disrespect...

Hello.

It's been observed that for the past months there's repeatedly been discussions brought forward by players in regards to toxicity, racism, disrespect and general bad attitude in the community. From the beginning of Mudoo Gaming, we chose to be lenient on punishing for these matters as we believed that on the internet, censoring petty insults and small provocations would be exaggerated and would have more cons than pros. 

What we have decided now, is to enforce the rules relating to disrespect, racism, toxicity and bullying in a stricter manner, but through managerial review of each case individually. We want to prevent administrators from misinterpreting the rule and context of a situation and avoid false punishments from being issued. Admins are still allowed to tell you to stop in order to maintain the peace and atmosphere.

The following is disallowed:

• Bullying - targeting a specific individual or a group of individuals with repeated provocative behavior, insults, disrespect, mockery or other harassment forms
  • Attacks involving personal lives - using an individual's real life information, images or anything else from somebody's real life to attack them
  • Racism - slurs or insults explicitly targeted on the person's race in combination with the previous stated definition of 'bullying'. This does not apply to use of these slurs within roleplay realm.
  • Conspiring against the community or staff - spreading false propaganda to other players against the community or the staff, dis-encouraging players from playing

Important to note:

• If you feel offended, it does not always mean that the other person breached one of these rules.

Punishments will depend on severity of the matter and of course, history of punishments of the individual. Warnings will be issued first, whenever the matter is not severe and when the punishment history of the offender isn't extensive. Repeated acts will result in a permanent ban either in game, on the forum, on discord or on multiple platforms.

• Like 2

"Racism - slurs or insults explicitly targeted on the person's race in combination with the previous stated definition of 'bullying'. This does not apply to use of these slurs within roleplay realm."

Seems fair, puts the focus on the intent and not the word itself.

Thanks fellas.

Best rule, I've ever heard, since there have been a lot of racism in this community, Locmax finally used his rusty old mind and Created a better rule, which will create a better community.

why discord only dumbass everywhere we need it i cant go 20 minutes without arguing about the fact if i have a penis or not

I’m still banned from the discord it’s been 2+ months and this rule wasn’t even available at the time

• Popcorn 1

Wasn't this community created because yall were banned or something from Argonath? Seems like you've gone full circle. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to get punished for

11 hours ago, LocMax said:

Conspiring against the community or staff - spreading false propaganda to other players against the community or the staff, dis-encouraging players from playing

Also, you made a post where you showd someones DMs with you. Did you even ask him about that? And what was the point of that topic? To me it seems like

11 hours ago, LocMax said:

Bullying - targeting a specific individual or a group of individuals with repeated provocative behavior, insults, disrespect, mockery or other harassment forms

Once again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Wasn't this community created because yall were banned or something from Argonath? Seems like you've gone full circle. 

Yeah imagine yourself as a citizen getting banned for taking images or videos of a cop and reporting him to the appropriate body :D 

Also, you made a post where you showd someones DMs with you. 

I made a post where I showed a video of a player who was killed by savages after just joining the server, spawning and finding a vehicle.

And what was the point of that topic?

Written nicely in the topic's head itself

This video shows what is wrong and against the rules.

This video shall serve as educational video to clearly demonstrate disallowed actions.

Nah it tells us we keep our connection logs on, keep a paper on the side and as soon as someone connects you write his name down on the paper with time and make sure you do not encourage rp with him for the next 10 minutes and then you can cross out his name

• Jаmes locked this topic