#6 - shoots

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

image.png

#7 - complains

Hide contents

image.png

image.png

lmao i was looking for an answer its called "being confused" also i like how you cut the part out where you framed me for complaining about "abuse" and generally complaining when i was literally just confused

4 minutes ago, LocMax said:

get pulled over > evade > shoot > die > wonder why he's being chased

> unsuccessfully bust 2 people > they get confused why and evade > get into a shootout > they ask why they were busted > dont reply, just frame them IG saying "complains abuse" and then post them on forums "complaining" but cut out the parts u dont want others to see

• Community Manager

You evaded? Does it really matter why you were chased for at first? Did you even try to contest the reason you were pulled over in the actual roleplay?

What he means, I see, is that clearly being confused in roleplay doesn't justifies an OOC beef. You took the consequences yourself when you decided to evade the cops. You have no right to believe the cops treated you unfairly in pulling you over as you suggest in your questioning if you did not try to question the reason you were stopped for at first.

If you get confused and know you have not done anything wrong, you simply stop l, comply and sort it out.

But if you're confused for which crime you're being pulled over for then you evade.

So cut the confused bullshit lol.

14 minutes ago, Julio said:

It does suck somewhat that you can be jailed from the investigation room.

I dont consider it that bad since people can lie to get themselves free, thats why self defense isnt a thing in Mudoo.

Since everyone's throwing some shit around, guess I'll throw some in as well.

(Maybe not closely related to this specific case, maybe not even a proper place to post this, but some things generally regarding Police Department.)

Let's start with a simple question: Why are people DM-ing cops?

Answer is also simple.
1. You can't evade them (mostly due how player blips work).

-Slow vehicle? The'll catch up and ram you to death.
 -Fast vehicle? They'll driveby to death.

2. PD also knows how to DM people, but discreetly and under the protection of the so called ''IC issue'' thing.

Some of the scenarios which I've seen with my own eyes (Not caused by previous crime, yourself being a suspect or generally a DM sit):

-Won't pay a ticket? Get shot to death.
 -They're doing shit on your property and you try to RP (Where you're actually allowed to be)? Get shot to death.
 -Parked incorrectly on the side walk, and you start arguing with them? You're also probably getting shot to death.

-Someone tried to kill you and you defended yourself? Cops come and guess what? You're getting shot to death.

Simply because it's even stated in their keybind. COMPLY or we WILL use FORCE. (If they even get to that part.)
3. In most cases, you'll never get an investigation, and even if you do, and even if you prove you're right, they'll just throw in a random shit story, and still jail you. Nothing you do will change the fact you're getting jailed (which means you'll lose time to get to the jail, time in jail, time for someone to pick you up afterwards, and the money for the guns you lost due to getting jailed).

4. Not to mention a good percentage of them don't know what RP is. Find a cop on the street and try to RP with him. I'd say there's a great chance he'll just drive away 'cause he doesn't give a single fuck about you. Or he'll shoot you to death. If a cop approaches you and you do the same thing (just go away), you're getting shot to death. Then getting jailed. Then getting reported for poor roleplay. Then getting shot to death again 'cause why not.

I'm a criminal myself, and I was trying not to be biased the best I could, but these things are generally familiar to everyone here, both criminals and cops. These are just some things that came to my mind. If I'm incorrect in any of those few points, feel free to correct me.

~Romero

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Romero said:

Since everyone's throwing some shit around, guess I'll throw some in as well.

(Maybe not closely related to this specific case, maybe not even a proper place to post this, but some things generally regarding Police Department.)

Let's start with a simple question: Why are people DM-ing cops?

Answer is also simple.
1. You can't evade them (mostly due how player blips work).

-Slow vehicle? The'll catch up and ram you to death.
 -Fast vehicle? They'll driveby to death.

2. PD also knows how to DM people, but discreetly and under the protection of the so called ''IC issue'' thing.

Some of the scenarios which I've seen with my own eyes (Not caused by previous crime, yourself being a suspect or generally a DM sit):

-Won't pay a ticket? Get shot to death.
 -They're doing shit on your property and you try to RP (Where you're actually allowed to be)? Get shot to death.
 -Parked incorrectly on the side walk, and you start arguing with them? You're also probably getting shot to death.

-Someone tried to kill you and you defended yourself? Cops come and guess what? You're getting shot to death.

Simply because it's even stated in their keybind. COMPLY or we WILL use FORCE. (If they even get to that part.)
3. In most cases, you'll never get an investigation, and even if you do, and even if you prove you're right, they'll just throw in a random shit story, and still jail you. Nothing you do will change the fact you're getting jailed (which means you'll lose time to get to the jail, time in jail, time for someone to pick you up afterwards, and the money for the guns you lost due to getting jailed).

4. Not to mention a good percentage of them don't know what RP is. Find a cop on the street and try to RP with him. I'd say there's a great chance he'll just drive away 'cause he doesn't give a single fuck about you. Or he'll shoot you to death. If a cop approaches you and you do the same thing (just go away), you're getting shot to death. Then getting jailed. Then getting reported for poor roleplay. Then getting shot to death again 'cause why not.

I'm a criminal myself, and I was trying not to be biased the best I could, but these things are generally familiar to everyone here, both criminals and cops. These are just some things that came to my mind. If I'm incorrect in any of those few points, feel free to correct me.

~Romero

This is when we stop crying and shoot first then ask questions later. Before they even try to make a move, we shoot them to death. Admins complain? Fight back, no getting pressured. Cops have their “IC issue”? We’ve got “I was a suspect”.

That still doesn't make you able to shoot around like a maniac.

That's kinda what I'm trying to avoid. Fix shit in PD and people might try to RP more. Not everything has to end with a shootout. Did you hear a group of 30 people (including cops) got killed over a traffic stop in real life?

I don't think so.

Everyone's a bit too trigger-happy but expects someone else to take their finger off first.

This might sound a bit wacko but could we try half an hour on the server one day where all ranged weapons (including the taser and beanbag) are removed?

(If this is easily manageable in the script)

Just...to see how people interact :D

The only way to improve RP standards on any server is to have a respectable police department. That means a harsh hiring procedure, multiple higher ranked officers dedicated to a desk job monitoring officers and firing them after three strikes. Removing the ability to jail from investigation room. Take /su and jail away from volunteers. 

From here you can start working. Now personally I think jail times should be increased heavily to discourage DM after such changes. You're not going to shoot a random if you'll spend an hour in jail for it when police catches you eventually. 

Nobody trusts volunteers or cops in the server and it leads to deathmatching. Another point being made here was about the protective barrier that is "IC issues". Misconduct or rulevreaking by police is always chalked up to being an IC issue, making them immune to reporting. To address this, the PD reports should be moved from their own forums (who came up with that anyway) to an in-game procedure.

Start here and see where it goes. 

14 hours ago, LocMax said:

#1 - 911 call comes

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

#2 - meeting the caller

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

#3 - finding the described suspects

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

#4 - pulling it over

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

#5 - evades

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

#6 - shoots

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

image.png

#7 - complains

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

image.png

Ironic how this guy was complaining about roleplay lol.

1 hour ago, Bery_Bumpkin said:

The only way to improve RP standards on any server is to have a respectable police department. That means a harsh hiring procedure, multiple higher ranked officers dedicated to a desk job monitoring officers and firing them after three strikes. Removing the ability to jail from investigation room. Take /su and jail away from volunteers. 

PD suffers from the same view angle. A lot of us  water down our roleplay to match the average community member. 

Volunteers shouldn't even have guns in my opinion.

And as for firing officers, getting fired in this department is really easy, a lot of you however never report an officer ICly. Unlawful discharge of weaponry is attempted murder and it gets you fired.

1 hour ago, Bery_Bumpkin said:

From here you can start working. Now personally I think jail times should be increased heavily to discourage DM after such changes. You're not going to shoot a random if you'll spend an hour in jail for it when police catches you eventually. 

Who in their right mind would even get arrested with active felonies? Why not just open fire on 5 incoming officers and then spam /do is dead, so you don't get revived.

The right way to go about it, is to reward the player for staying alive. Criminals that stay alive for a week, get notoriety  bonuses such as selling drugs at higher prices, making syringes/joints with less ingredients, smuggle gain boost, ((debatable health 20% resistance, notorious criminals are harder to kill by a small margin)) 

If you want to punish the player for dying you will get nowhere, as you would need to make the punishment really severe before a player could feel it. Making it really severe would impact the player experience of lawful players that have a high mortality rate as a part of their job.

I think this suggestion might prove useful in the light of a similar suggestion posted by @LocMax

Edited by Elias Carter

2 minutes ago, Elias Carter said:

PD suffers from the same view angle. A lot of us  water down our roleplay to match the average community member. 

And as for firing officers, getting fired in this department is really easy, a lot of you however never report an officer ICly. Unlawful discharge of weaponry is attempted murder and it gets you fired.

Who in their right mind would even get arrested with active felonies? Why not just open fire on 5 incoming officers and then spam /do is dead, so you don't get revived.

The right way to go about it, is to reward the player for staying alive. Criminals that stay alive for a week, get notoriety  bonuses such as selling drugs at higher prices, making syringes/joints with less ingredients, smuggle gain boost, ((debatable health 20% resistance, notorious criminals are harder to kill by a small margin)) 

If you want to punish the player for dying you will get nowhere, as you would need to make the punishment really severe before a player could feel it. Making it really severe would impact the player experience of lawful players that have a high mortality rate as a part of their job.

I think this suggestion might prove useful in the light of a similar suggestion posted by @LocMax

This post explains my thoughts pretty well. About the notoriety part, it was a system on the other server and I don't  there were any issues, only one though people kept copbaiting cops to get attention so they could get sued, evade and get notoriety and the cycle repeated. 

22 minutes ago, Elias Carter said:

Elias, you hit the nail on the head. Chapeau. Rewarding people for staying alive would be a great idea.

Next thing then imo would be looking at the report procedure. It's very discouraging to have to go to the lspd's own forums to report them. When nobody gets reported, that is a problem. Not saying it's not both parties to blame, but when nobody is filing reports something is wrong with the procedure. 

4 hours ago, Bery_Bumpkin said:

Elias, you hit the nail on the head. Chapeau. Rewarding people for staying alive would be a great idea.

Next thing then imo would be looking at the report procedure. It's very discouraging to have to go to the lspd's own forums to report them. When nobody gets reported, that is a problem. Not saying it's not both parties to blame, but when nobody is filing reports something is wrong with the procedure. 

Our beloved judge is saying facts.

• James locked this topic