Benjamin Blake - A homeward journey

Judge4.thumb.png.d9b313e8c4ca588026a52cf7440788db.png

Ben at the Fort Carson County Courthouse - Inspiration taken from the old Cochise County Courthouse in Tombstone, Arizona.

Benjamin J.  Blake

296326757_TimelineofCharacter.png.fb7ccbe3c438a92a9b901d95629500fc.png

Benjamin Blake spent his formative years growing up in the small town of Las Payasadas, Bone County. Travelling to Fort Carson to visit family was often a great source of fun, and Ben would run to visit the old Fort Carson Courthouse near the centre of town as often as he could. Sometimes he would roleplay a Sheriff guarding the court, and other times he'd sit at the Bench imagining what it would be like to be a Judge.
He aspired to travel, and chose to study a long way from home completing a degree in American Case and Statute Law, graduating in 1997 with an Honours Degree from University College London, making the Dean's list as a commendee and receiving the Faculty Medal. 

The first year after graduating was tough; studying American Case and Statute Law made for limited job opportunities in the UK so Ben finally chose to take a change in career direction, applying for the City of London Police Academy. He aced the academy, although instructors all noted:

"Ben's flair for unauthorised headdress is a discouraging sign".

That headdress, of course, was the fedora; An item you will not now often see him without.

Obtaining a visa to study in the United States, Ben took a one year sabbatical from his services in London City to complete the LL.M. programme at the University of Arizona, making him eligible to complete the State Bar of Arizona examination. He did not immediately seek employment following his second graduation, and returned to London to progress within the City of London Police. 

Ben spent a a long stint with the Mounted Section, before ending his career with London as an Inspector in 2007 after a surprising offer to join the law offices of the Cochise County Superior Court in South Bisbee, Arizona. This was a curious and unintentional reference to the old courthouse in Fort Carson, where Ben would play as a child; A courthouse which was famously modelled on the old Cochise County Courthouse in Tombstone. 

He took this as a sign from a higher power, and persevered with further studies whilst full time on the bar, representing primarily pro-bono clients. His efforts soon bore fruit, and in 2011 Ben was invited to the Bench as a Magistrate Judge for the presiding judge of the Cochise Court. In 2016, after 5 year tenure, Ben chose to leave and, for reasons unknown to anybody but himself, stood for election to successfully become the 25th Cochise County Sheriff. When asked in later interviews, he would simply say:

"The true reason for that, I'd prefer to keep under my hat!"

The Sheriff's tenure in Cochise County runs for 4 years, but after hearing of issues closer to home Ben chose not to run for re-election in 2020. Instead, he packed his bags, hat in hand, and travelled the road less travelled to San Andreas State. Upon his arrival, he quickly joined the San Andreas Police Department. Shortly after his arrival, there became a need for a new District Judge for the First Judicial District Court of San Andreas. Word spread that Ben had recently joined the State from Cochise County, and he was invited once again to the Bench; This time, by Associate Justice of the United States, Arslan Carter, on behalf of the Supreme Court.  When asked for memorable quotes from the interview, The Honourable A. Carter recited just 7 of Ben's words:

"The law has no prejudice, Your Honour".

Ben presides to this day and, of course, he still wears his fedora.

1496650820_SignatureStatic.png.ac537994a41836ce5648389dd0170e9d.png

Benjamin J. Blake LL.M. LL.B.

United States Federal District Judge

Retired Sheriff of Cochise County Sheriff's Office

Edited by Ben Blake
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ben Blake said:

As much as my character gets a little warm in Bone County, he's not running around with no clothes on ser.

You are RPing BCR's old city hall as a courthouse. Just let me get my hands on you once in BC. You will enjoy the trip to the bunker.

22 minutes ago, Daryl said:

You are RPing BCR's old city hall as a courthouse. Just let me get my hands on you once in BC. You will enjoy the trip to the bunker.

It was a courthouse long before BCR claimed it. I'll defend it to my last breath, varmint!