LocMax

Player map icons  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the player map icons visible or keep them invisible

• Keep player map icons as they were before, visible
    • Remove player map icons as currently is, invisible

This poll is closed to new votes

• Community Manager

So currently we're in the period of having 48 hours without player map icons. What are your thoughts? shall we keep it like this, or return player map icons? 

Things to think about:

1. Long-term, do you think having no player map icons would suffice considering the player base is stable and consistent under 100 players, and is over the whole map?
    1. in other words, perhaps we have too little players to maintain no icons permanently, especially since we use whole map as play area
  2. Do you understand that if we keep player map icons removed, things will need adjusting, such as the suspection system?

(NOTE: THE VOTE IS JUST TO SEE GENERAL PLAYER PREFERENCES, THE MANAGEMENT TEAM WILL MAKE THE FINAL DECISION BASED ON ANALYSIS OF LONG-TERM IMPACT OF THIS ON THE SERVER, THE PLAYER BASE MENTALITY, AND SERVER STANDARDS)

• Popcorn 1

I really wants it back as before, it's like you're using invisible hack so cops won't see you, I bet all the criminals are happy as fuck at the moment because they can evade easily and make every crime they need in the town without letting cops know even, like does it makes sense to alert cops about ATM blow while if I went there I don't know if the criminal is hiding there or left even? It's like you're giving advantage to criminals and making it worse for cops to arrest them, that will grow the chance of crimes while will grow crime rates. Like look around SF and LV and LS and tell me how many locations criminals can hide there? there will be like 100 or more even, who knows. Our server is light-medium roleplay so we needs it.

Edited by John Alfred

• Community Manager
Just now, John Alfred said:

I really wants it back as before, it's like you're using invisible hack so cops won't see you, I bet all the criminals are happy as fuck at the moment because they can evade easily and make every crime they need in the town without letting cops know even, like does it makes sense to alert cops about ATM blow while if I went there I don't know if the criminal is hiding there or left even? It's like you're giving advantage to criminals and making it worse for cops to arrest them, that will grow the chance of crimes while will grow crime rates. Like look around SF and LV and LS and tell me how many locations criminals can hide there? there will be like 100 or more even, who knows.

1 minute ago, Sam_Woods said:

Suspection system and panic system must be updated if we're going to disable the player blips.

As it's written in the main post, things will be adjusted if it's chosen that map icons are permanently removed. Suspections will either last much longer, or will be changed in a way to make it more fair.

Things you can do to overcome the difficulties being faced with map icons being gone:

1. Suspects blips will flash every 3-5 seconds on the map when near.

2. Tracing will show exact position and would be updated on the map when the player is moving.

3. Allow blips inside turfs. (YOU CAN ONLY SEE THEM IF YOU ARE INSIDE)

With these updates, this could potentially work. It will take time to get used to it, that is why so many negative votes. But this will be good.

• Like 4

If you're planning to switch to heavy-rp  gradually, this is a good step but if the server will remain light-rp, removing blips doesn't make sense.

Voted for removal of blips with following suggestions:

1- Add UAV which will be purchasable  from 24/7. Price can be around 100k. It will show all blips, like it was before. It'll disappear after death, just like mask.

2- Only blips of walkie-talkie members will be shown. It'll be really helpful, especially in turfs.

3- Some measures can be taken for PD i,e. increasing suspection time, more effective tracing etc.

I think that this script will be abused in Mudoo so much with the current turf rules...

You should take the decision after the quarantine because the playerbase is not gonna be the same...(I hope that I'm wrong at this point)

Edited by iMarcell

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, iMarcell said:

I think that this script will be abused in Mudoo so much with the current turf rules...

You should take the decision after the quarantine because the playerbase is not gonna be the same...(I hope that I'm wrong at this point)

propose different turf rules in a separate topic and let everyone comment on it so we can get to the right rule set

1. Tracing should give accurate location and should be enabled for volunteers.

2. /panic should place a blip on the map thats stays for a few minutes

3. Enforce discord usage for SAPD for better communication

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TiMoN said:

1. Tracing should give accurate location and should be enabled for volunteers.

2. /panic should place a blip on the map thats stays for a few minutes

3. Enforce discord usage for SAPD for better communication

Also /gbk(group backup) for criminals that leaves a blip on minimap as well should be added...

Edited by iMarcell

2 minutes ago, - said:

Someone actually make a point how does removing blips change player mentality and RP level? 

It doesnt but it will prevent MG by 70 percent...

Edited by iMarcell

7 minutes ago, - said:

Someone actually make a point how does removing blips change player mentality and RP level? 

well it will prevent MG as well as will give more  chance to players to escape or evade their chasers.

Pd or other players will have to completely check the heroin shacks and weed feild ,instead of just looking at the map and spam in their radio or wakitaki channels i.e heroin cooker at north rock shack .

This will make it difficult for criminals to kidnap a person and same for PD when they will be chasing suspects.

2 minutes ago, - said:

no it won’t 

Maybe, but I'm 100 percent sure that the amount of hackers will increase by 30-40 percent by using nametags/wallhack, and its not easy to detect...

Edited by iMarcell

31 minutes ago, CraZe said:

Things you can do to overcome the difficulties being faced with map icons being gone:

1. Suspects blips will flash every 3-5 seconds on the map when near.

2. Tracing will show exact position and would be updated on the map when the player is moving.

3. Allow blips inside turfs. (YOU CAN ONLY SEE THEM IF YOU ARE INSIDE)

With these updates, this could potentially work. It will take time to get used to it, that is why so many negative votes. But this will be good.

Agreed not sure of the 3rd point.

And I don't understand why people are crying.. there are Medium-Heavy RP servers which do not have player blips and they RP without complaining and now someone will quote this and say that Mudoo is a light RP server.. I agree but enabling player blips is useless and destroys the true meaning of roleplay.

Period.

2 minutes ago, Sam_Woods said:

And I don't understand why people are crying.. there are Medium-Heavy RP servers which do not have player blips and they RP without complaining and now someone will quote this and say that Mudoo is a light RP server.. I agree but enabling player blips is useless and destroys the true meaning of roleplay.

Period.

indeed.

4 minutes ago, Sam_Woods said:

Period.

I dont have any problem with having no blips, but some other servers which I'm not gonna mention they have their own launcher which people are forced to use it, but here in mudoo if you force every player to CAC, the server is gonna lose a massive amount of players...

Edited by iMarcell

43 minutes ago, John Alfred said:

I really wants it back as before, it's like you're using invisible hack so cops won't see you, I bet all the criminals are happy as fuck at the moment because they can evade easily and make every crime they need in the town without letting cops know even, like does it makes sense to alert cops about ATM blow while if I went there I don't know if the criminal is hiding there or left even? It's like you're giving advantage to criminals and making it worse for cops to arrest them, that will grow the chance of crimes while will grow crime rates. Like look around SF and LV and LS and tell me how many locations criminals can hide there? there will be like 100 or more even, who knows. Our server is light-medium roleplay so we needs it.

Sir with the increased player base the number of Volunteers have also increase their are more cops then from 2k19.

Use tactics and Air support to pin point the Suspects

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iMarcell said:

I dont have any problem with having no blips, but some other servers which I'm not gonna mention they have their own launcher which people are forced to use it, but here in mudoo if you force every player to CAC, the server is gonna lose a massive amount of players...

Well those who are gona stay will stay irrespective of the CAC. 

45 minutes ago, John Alfred said:

We can do one thing like closing LV and SF for some time. Just like the dealer comes on night for 22:00 to 5:00, in the similar way LV and SF can be closed for some hours or enable cops to close down all the tolls connecting LV and SF during pursuits or evading suspects.

• Like 1

• James locked this topic