Temporary shut down and good news

LocMax

• Community Manager

main_line.png

Dear players,

We would like to announce good news, which is - we will be shutting down the RPG server. "Wa.. wait, you said good news? how is that good?". Well, we will revamp the server, since we noted the matters that caused the server to not progress and that put it in a stagnant state. I'll briefly write down a few things, and those are: web registrations will be removed, the gameplay features will be simplified, and we will reduce the server roleplay level from medium to light roleplay, meaning we will also remove the OOC and IC rules. We will focus on creating direct and simple, yet fun and entertaining gameplay, which is simple to play.

This is something that will take some time, we will continuously post about the progress and updates, we will post sneak peeks and other information about the revamp on our discord and on the forum. We thank those that are still here with us for staying this long even though the server made no progress for months, and we thank everyone for feedback that we received on the server and the bad aspects of it. We appreciate it and we will now work on repairing it.

It's not about OOC and IC, LS-RP is hardcore roleplay server and still gets many players. It's about the gameplay, admins and environment. I am fond of playing RP servers but this server is different. The system is too complex, take IM:RP for example, it's open gameplay attract more players. Get the feel of RP. Make it more simple and try advertising the server. Rules are not the main problem of the server, if players COME then they see the rules. Make the players aware of the server to gain more. I know how RP server(s) work. The first days are really harsh and you need to be active 24/7. I see no staff member active everyday. You need to restructure the whole staff team if you need a high and stable playerbase. If you need any help regarding RP servers you can surely contact me. LSPD, it is an organ of the RP server and it's hard for RP servers to work without it. You need to hire a good PD leader which can run it better. There are more things in the server to work on.

Conclusion: The server is too complex.

• Community Manager
6 hours ago, Aman619 said:

It's not about OOC and IC, LS-RP is hardcore roleplay server and still gets many players. It's about the gameplay, admins and environment. I am fond of playing RP servers but this server is different. The system is too complex, take IM:RP for example, it's open gameplay attract more players. Get the feel of RP. Make it more simple and try advertising the server. Rules are not the main problem of the server, if players COME then they see the rules. Make the players aware of the server to gain more. I know how RP server(s) work. The first days are really harsh and you need to be active 24/7. I see no staff member active everyday. You need to restructure the whole staff team if you need a high and stable playerbase. If you need any help regarding RP servers you can surely contact me. LSPD, it is an organ of the RP server and it's hard for RP servers to work without it. You need to hire a good PD leader which can run it better. There are more things in the server to work on.

Conclusion: The server is too complex.

1. LS-RP is a hardcore roleplay server and still gets many players because at the time the server started, it was the only server of that kind in SA:MP (thus, acknowledged as a niche server) - those who wanted hardcore roleplay with strict imposals over the gameplay would play LS:RP, those who didn't had other options of light roleplay servers or sandbox (those who had multiple gamemodes at once - RP, deathmatch, race, etc - these, specially local servers [non-english]). Also, bear in mind a significant part of LS:RP's success, apart from it's developement and playerbase, come from the fact their heads had (or still have) close ties with SA:MP developers

2. Where exactly the system/server is too complex? If you pointed it out exactly it'd be better, active feedback is always welcome - after all, it's the players who end up shaping the server based on their desires, along with the set standards of the management

3. We have performed advertising actions twice in the SA:MP forums, and also considering other possibilites

4. Regarding the activity of staff members, i believe that comes from a general feeling of 'disappointment' with the server's first results, in which we might have put too much expectation on it, specially due to our past (the past we had with the server we originally came from - me, LocMax and other developers)

5. Regarding SAPD, it's in good hands, at least for now. Anyway, thanks for your concern - we have temporaily disabled the PD forums due to the focus to work on priorities with the server, but if it was still active i would gladly invite you to take a look there and see the work we had achieved till then

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have exposed my theory a few times to those close to me in the developement/management of the RPG server, and it surpasses... modernity. Simple - SA:MP itself is becoming less relevant. Take a look at this guy's commentary in SA:MP forums:

Here's my theory:

GTA SA was first released in 2004 (14 years ago)

The average person joins SA-MP at 13-14 years old. This means that when GTA SA was first released, they weren't even born yet.

A lot of us had GTA SA installed and wanted more out of it, and that's how we discover SA-MP. The majority of people probably buying this game now are doing it for nostalgia. As people leave, there just aren't people to replace them.

Back in 2010 ish, where I feel that SA-MP was at it's peak for a few years, GTA SA was still relevant, (as GTA 5 is now). With the release of GTA 4 a lot of us couldn't afford the game, or couldn't run it, and wanted to experience the new multiplayer feature. Hence SA-MP.

As time goes on, more people can run better games (And there are other mods/games that have full on RP), they tend to lean towards those games instead. A lot of 3rd world countries dominate SA-MP because they still aren't able to run games like GTA 4 and such.

There's not much to be done about it really, nature is running it's course. Everything hits a peak and starts to slowly decline.

Source: "English heavy RP servers and their low playerbase", SA:MP Forums.

I pretty much recognize that the SA:MP playerbase, at this very moment, is composed majorly of three types of players:

- Those who are not necessairly wealthy (or simply do not wanna bother upgrading their hardware to gaming purposes) and end up sticking to SA:MP because there's no better choice;

- Those who still play SA:MP due personal reasons (mostly social contact - they have friends playing, close ties to a community, etc) - that is what i'd pretty much say it's my case;

- Those who still play because they genuinely like playing SA:MP (rare cases nowadays, and mostly seen at local servers - if you take a few minutes to browse the Internet list in SA:MP browser, you'll notice Russian/Latin American servers are WAY MORE populated than the english language servers).

When i started on SA:MP (end of 2009), it was impossible to see a server with zero players, even on Internet list - servers were populated, MP was at it's peak (and also, the fact that GTA IV didn't had a multiplayer option at the time [and still doesn't has a decent one] and required insane configs AT THE TIME [2008-2009]) and people had time to play. Mostly, people who ranged from 12 to 18y.o.

Time passed, paradigm changed:

Point 1 - Getting hardware to have decent configs to play any game is easier and less expensive (except for the exception i brought there, for those who are genuinely poor);

Point 2 -  SA:MP doesn't has a major renew for 5-6 years, if i'm not wrong - no new elements, no nothing - it has lost it's appeal to attract new players, why would a kid with a high-end computer choose to play a MP based on a 14-year old game with a few players, when he can play CS:GO, PUBG, Overwatch, Payday and other games which are more popular and have better mechanics/graphics? SA:MP lost it's last chance to regain that appeal by cancelling 0.3.8, which would bring CUSTOM skins and objects (which definetly would be a major key factor to get more people playing, maybe even get those who left to return);

Point 3 - As i said, the average age of those who played SA:MP at it's peak (2009-2010) was 12 to 18. I started at 13, in 2009, now i'm 21, in 2018. Those who were slightly older than me back in the time now are full-formed adults with a life to live and other priorities in mind (while i played SA:MP, i witnessed myself a friend of mine get engaged into a relatonship, get married and have KIDS!!!) - people get older and gain other interests, have to set other priorities for their lives. Leaving SA:MP, for some people, is inevitable. But also, needless to say a large portion also left SA:MP due to lack of interest and updates (see Point 2).

I tell you - me, and the rest of the developement/management will do our best to make this server sucessful, and these include:

- Enhancement of server experience - work on scripts/maps/other exclusive features);

- Work on community envinronment (Involvement of server staff tightly close to the issues that arise);

- Promoting open debate with the community, mutually looking for ideas and ways to improve the server);

- Efficient troubleshooting and action-solving for eventual issues.

I also tell you - that is not gonna be easy, but everything at reach will be done.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Community Owner
On 27-3-2018 at 11:49 PM, Vasil said:

Tell us the news what’s happening with the rpg server?

There's not much to say. I've been busy the last month and I'm busy reworking the police system. Send a private message to me with idea's (especially criminal idea's are welcome).

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2018 at 10:26 PM, Trytee said:

i bet it'll still get peak 3 players

Hey Trytee what you said? 3 Players .... yes well you are right in the beginning there were not even 3 Players but now there are more than 40+ Players ! Means people......

Edited by Dr.Brain
It's secret :)
  • Popcorn 1

16 hours ago, Dr.Brain said:

Hey Trytee what you said? 3 Players .... yes well you are right in the beginning there were not even 3 Players but now there are more than 40+ Players ! Means people......

This topic is irrelevant by now. Dr.Brain, stop bumping old topics. 

• Like 1

• Jelly locked this topic
  • Dylan unlocked this topic
  • 10 months later...