Some new changes

LocMax

• Community Manager

We have held some meetings last days in administration and management to discuss the plans for future of the server. There are some obvious issues we observe currently in server from lack of defined roleplay level, mix between players leaning on less RP and players leaning on more RP, lack of newbie friendliness, having it hard for them to settle in and so on.

After discussions we have decided the following:

1. We will work on some newbie friendly features and changes, such as, protecting new players from robberies and kidnaps, giving new players small benefits such as one free name change, less requirements for obtaining things if deemed fit, making staff team more focused at properly guiding new players and resolving nay issues they may face, improving tutorial and making it easier to understand the server
  2. We will add a contributor position on discord, forum and possibly in-game for members who make YouTube videos, or stream on Twitch, or post things on social media platforms, if they are willing to occasionally post content containing Mudoo servers, we will give them the role and potentially give them some features / benefits as a thank you
  3. We will limit the number of criminal groups in the server and appoint administrators with experience and / or allow players with experience and clean punishment record to be mentors / leaders in criminal groups, to prevent the groups from degrading in quality, and to ensure that the groups behave and operate in a respectable manner to the roleplay standard we wish to achieve and maintain. 
  4. We will redefine certain rules and clarify them further in order for them to be more comprehensive, understandable and clear about their meaning. We are planning to define specifics on robberies, kidnaps, murders and group wars, and manners in which these shall occur. 
  5. We will work on synchronizing administration team to work better and more consistently, to avoid different administrators enforcing rules and interpreting rules differently. We need an administration team that enforces all the rules in same manner and with no wrong interpretations.

What we want to do is, first and foremost, establish "law and order" in the server, by enforcing rules better, with less subjectivity and less wrongful interpretations. We want to keep the server as a simple and fun server, but also to maintain a good amount of roleplay in it as it is in the end a roleplay server. We do not aim to be a tryhard hardcore roleplay server. We will not limit the fun and simplicity of the server. We will adjust certain features that were recently added to be more fitting.

It is difficult for us to make a move without nicking one side. We have a player base that is divided into people who are in favor of more roleplay, and one side of people who are in favor of fun and less roleplay. We want to satisfy both sides as much as we can, balance between the both.

For anything further, we're open for suggestions and feedback. Feel free to post below if you have any proposals or suggestions.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Volume said:

Sounds great. 

Playerbase also has gradually decreased. You people should start thinking about it too.

Playerbase always has it's up's and down's, we had 54 players last Friday i believe? We haven't achieved that number in quite some time. These changes are to keep players here anyway.

1 hour ago, Saaruman said:

We should start by removing these cancerous players that cry and troll 24/7 acting like they care for the server.

We should start to be respectful towards other players, you're all in this community together. If your feelings are hurt by someone, either ignore it or response with logical and useful manner.  Insulting, provoking won't get you anywhere.

Great changes, good luck implementing this!

Side note: kaclor (samp developer) is planning to update to 0.3.9 i think? so this plays a big part and might heavily increase the playerbase as most players will move to 0.3.9 with the new features added prepare for newbies storm!

Edited by JasonM

57 minutes ago, TheAssassin said:

@LocMax 

Sir limit the groups in numbers or territory's ?

It will be good if you limit them in territory's and force them to Rp along their character.

Sadly, restricting them won't change alot, as we monitored already we noticed players go where they like to play as they like, hence why we try to find other ways. Thank you for your input though.

Let me makr this perfectly clear to everyone thus topic isnt for mud slinging or crying. I've removed shit throwing comments, learn to give opnions constructively. Instead of bitching about each other grow the fuck up.

in my opinion, change number 5 is so important, we are facing this problem day to day more and more. i see most administrators angry or freaked out, (there are few guys which i can say they are always chilled and calmed down, just like, frank). i hope these changes get applied sooner or even if applied, i hope they stay forever to make a better samp server for whom love samp.

Edited by Koin

45 minutes ago, Koin said:

in my opinion, change number 5 is so important, we are facing this problem day to day more and more. i see most administrators angry or freaked out, (there are few guys which i can say they are always chilled and calmed down, just like, frank). i hope these changes get applied sooner or even if applied, i hope they stay forever to make a better samp server for whom love samp.

If you were in the shoes of those angry admins, you will react the same way. Some people tend be to so retarded that admins get really angry. We don't have anger issues. 

Now it's time to help the community you like to grow into something even greater. It's time for your voice to be heard - don't let it go to waste by going against each-other by some irrelevant in-game matters. Roleplay is roleplay, we're here to discuss the future of the server and what would YOU like to see improved.
Keep the suggestions coming, leave the banter. 

52 minutes ago, sTcorey said:

accept it or not some DM fights start by /p fights and end up by kidnapping or robbing reason,completely remove public chat NOT disable it for few hours

I disagree, the playerbase isn't that high in the server, disabling the public chat would disallow players to chit chat when they're bored, even if they're fighting, at least it's entertaining to watch and have a laugh xd

Edited by JasonM

6 hours ago, sTcorey said:

That shittalk on public chat is also what makes up fake kidnapping situations resulting in big shotout between groups and continuing to shotout between the alive group and PD

well a lot have changed in 1 year in the server .

back 1 year the player gets a ban for poor Rp and now they only gets warned.

Shootouts are a part of Roleplay but the problem here is that we dont have a definitive view of Rp , Staff should imply the Type of roleplay the server needs 

I myself will prefer Character Roleplay over more /me ones.

• James locked this topic