The return of official status? Need your opinion!

Devitt

Hello people! Ever since the official status was removed criminal groups were left without anything to work for, so I decided to come up with something that will bring back the official status for groups and will be better than the previous way of obtaining it.

Official Groups Revamp!

Point System - calculated by: turfs taken/punishments(points will be taken depending on the punishment)/activity/RP pictures  (The Faction Council would rate the pictures from 1 to 10 for example. giving points for creativity, initiative etc.)

Every month we calculate the points of all groups, if a group gathers for example X points, the group is rewarded official status. To maintain official status a group has to get certain number of points every month.

A person, or few would be assigned as Faction Council - he/they would help/guide and have some control over groups - relations/realism (we don't want Grove street family's HQ to be Madd Dogg's Mansion)/RP 

What benefits would official groups get? - The more points they have the better drug prices they'd get (making the drug market dynamic monthly)
Less parts needed for a case to be crafted and make weapons like RPG , grenade cases (molotov?) craftable only by official factions.

Get mapped areas/objects.

I still wonder if it would be better to keep the scoreboard for groups private and show the points at the end of the month, or have it updated almost daily and visible for everyone.

The Faction Council would be able to take away status, or points if a major fuck up happens. And for creativity and good initiative  it can give points. The group leaders would work together with the council so we don't have chaos in the server.

This is for criminal groups, it's not decided yet but I am highly pushing for this to be added, so I wanted to hear your output on it. Feel free to suggest any adjustments to it and give ideas on what can be done for legal groups.

How about you guys give an input on the suggestion, there's nothing to apply for cause there ain't anything settled yet. This is merely a suggestion for an improvement.

I think the idea is great, definitely will motivate groups to do more activities in-game. Suggest the points to be added directly in-game so each group can see how much they have, and the faction council can monitor it. Smuggling, turfs, AVERAGE total activity of the group, RP, topic activity. Overall a great suggestion with many opportunities to increase activity. Good game, Pepe

2 hours ago, Saaruman said:

I would like to apply for faction council.

2 hours ago, Saaruman said:

I would like to apply for faction council.

2 hours ago, Archon said:

Same here. I'd like the management to create a Faction Council consisting of non-biased regular players to monitor group activities.

As Paco said it's still just an idea, I can't say if the council will consist of players, managment, or one person only yet. So for now we are open for suggestions and not applications.

More work for the management, more things to be monitored and very unnecessary.

No need for points or scoreboard, just give status to whoever deserves it without having people's mindset focused on farming points.

Yes, of course groups are gonna get bored when they have no status or level to work towards and need something to keep working towards, add purpose to turfs(Idk if they have any purpose other than gunfight activities right now), don't make "applications" for status, if people want official status they simply need to just lead their group and wait for it to happen, instead of bothering management about it .

Giving gangs/mafias Official status through their progress in recapturing turgs is a great idea, it can be improved. You may have at least 2 turfs a day which means about 58-62 turfs a month minimum for Official status.

Incase of legal groups such as families, clans etc there should be at least 5 members in a group according to their influence in the city, their roleplay quality (ScreenShots) and Roleplay quantity (ScreenShots) they would recieve their Official status.

Bussiness would be similar and their requirments should be high activeness of employees, their influence in the city, their daily RP pics with quality and quantity etc.

Its a suggestion.

47 minutes ago, Mini_me said:

Giving gangs/mafias Official status through their progress in recapturing turgs is a great idea, it can be improved. You may have at least 2 turfs a day which means about 58-62 turfs a month minimum for Official status.

I don't agree with your opinion about criminal groups have to do / turfs and the like to get / official status /, yes right they are criminals but not all criminals want to do that, we also want to give the best with roleplay and so on. so don't assume that any criminal groups only know DM and others, not all groups do that.

7 hours ago, Richard said:

No need for points or scoreboard, just give status to whoever deserves it without having people's mindset focused on farming points.

Yes, of course groups are gonna get bored when they have no status or level to work towards and need something to keep working towards, add purpose to turfs(Idk if they have any purpose other than gunfight activities right now), don't make "applications" for status, if people want official status they simply need to just lead their group and wait for it to happen, instead of bothering management about it .

+1

8 hours ago, Richard said:

It is more work yeah, but the last time we were giving statuses to groups who deserved it we had a lot of unhappy people and arguments constantly, led to nothing but chaos. I don't want this to repeat, so I rather work a lil bit more than have to go trough it again.

Turfs give advantages, they are not only for pew pew :D

I don't want for groups to apply for official status, all groups will be considered, but it would be nice if a group for some reason doesn't want to have status to inform us so we don't monitor it.

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

I don't agree with your opinion about criminal groups have to do / turfs and the like to get / official status /, yes right they are criminals but not all criminals want to do that, we also want to give the best with roleplay and so on. so don't assume that any criminal groups only know DM and others, not all groups do that.

Exactly! That's why it won't be necessary to capture turfs to gain official, it will just give points, you'd be able to gain official status with points gathered from activity and RP pictures. Since there might be smaller groups that focus on RPs and more low-key crimes that wouldn't have something to do with turfing.

2 hours ago, Khelcey said:

Why would you create a Faction Council in a server like this?

Don't see a reason why there shouldn't be, we need someone to monitor  the groups and have input on them. 

• Like 1

Fighting towards the road of getting a status was the main motivation of most of the groups. Status was removed, everyone stopped showing around. We really need it back. But this time, it shouldnt be given to every group in the server, it should have strict rules and requirements.

5 hours ago, Michelle said:

Maybe yes, you'r right

13 hours ago, Devitt said:

Hello people! Ever since the official status was removed criminal groups were left without anything to work for, so I decided to come up with something that will bring back the official status for groups and will be better than the previous way of obtaining it.

Official Groups Revamp!

Point System - calculated by: turfs taken/punishments(points will be taken depending on the punishment)/activity/RP pictures  (The Faction Council would rate the pictures from 1 to 10 for example. giving points for creativity, initiative etc.)

Every month we calculate the points of all groups, if a group gathers for example X points, the group is rewarded official status. To maintain official status a group has to get certain number of points every month.

A person, or few would be assigned as Faction Council - he/they would help/guide and have some control over groups - relations/realism (we don't want Grove street family's HQ to be Madd Dogg's Mansion)/RP 

What benefits would official groups get? - The more points they have the better drug prices they'd get (making the drug market dynamic monthly)
Less parts needed for a case to be crafted and make weapons like RPG , grenade cases (molotov?) craftable only by official factions.

Get mapped areas/objects.

I still wonder if it would be better to keep the scoreboard for groups private and show the points at the end of the month, or have it updated almost daily and visible for everyone.

The Faction Council would be able to take away status, or points if a major fuck up happens. And for creativity and good initiative  it can give points. The group leaders would work together with the council so we don't have chaos in the server.

This is for criminal groups, it's not decided yet but I am highly pushing for this to be added, so I wanted to hear your output on it. Feel free to suggest any adjustments to it and give ideas on what can be done for legal groups.

You need to bring back Official Status. The idea of making the warehouses to public was dumb, and people will be mad if you take them away so don't. Let them keep them. If a group becomes Official, it can own a warehouse, however taxes have to be paid still, perhaps 25 percent lower than currents? 

The idea of having Faction Council or Faction Managers isn't bad, but it's not gonna work out if some people just interfere and do what they want, like our community manager. The members of this Faction, must be experienced in leading a group. To avoid any biased, you choose the people who actually care. 

About the points system, yes.

Adding to your idea, if we are going to add points system, might as well add Strike system. If a group gets 3 strikes, it loses it status, if it has no status, the group gets deleted. The strikes will be given by faction council. How will it work? A member who is lvl 50+ in the group has punishment score of 3 or above, a strike will be given. A strike may also be given if group has shown poor roleplay or deathmatched as a whole.

Adding slots is also good. Only 5 groups can be official or perhaps 4? (discuss). This will make groups work hard to get the slot for Official.

At last, can i just say something? Please stop fucking ignoring all the rulebreaks a group breaks and gets away with it. Warn them, delete their group, stop baby sitting, this isn't kindergarten. We need to change ourselves and move on from argoshit.

39 minutes ago, CraZe said:

owever taxes have to be paid still, perhaps 25 percent lower than currents? 

I like that!

40 minutes ago, CraZe said:

. To avoid any biased, you choose the people who actually care. 

I still don't know who will take part of the council that's up for debate still.

42 minutes ago, CraZe said:

Adding to your idea, if we are going to add points system, might as well add Strike system. If a group gets 3 strikes, it loses it status, if it has no status, the group gets deleted. The strikes will be given by faction council. How will it work? A member who is lvl 50+ in the group has punishment score of 3 or above, a strike will be given. A strike may also be given if group has shown poor roleplay or deathmatched as a whole.

My idea was for every punishment the group has we take of their points. I don't know about deleting the group, they really need to fuck up really really bad for that to happen.

43 minutes ago, CraZe said:

Adding slots is also good.

Had it as an idea, but that would be decided later on probably, because I don't know how many groups would get the status after a month and how many will maintain it, like if we have 2 groups having official and rest don't manage to make it, I don't see sense in adding slots. So this would be for the future.

• James locked this topic