A talk about the deathmatch

LocMax

1 minute ago, GoodDay said:

My group always avoids shootouts and is ready to roleplay. We got some high quality rp skills. Make us official.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I see where this topic is leading to, exactly the same as this discussion topic always leads us to - A dead end because one side does not care enough to provide proper argument and express his opinion. If we want this topic to end in a conclusion, you need to stop talking nonsense and provide a proper argument, agreement or anything else you desire to add to the conversation.

11 minutes ago, Kacper said:
29 minutes ago, LocMax said:

Third point, if weapons will be limited, cops will still always have them, but civilians won't, they'll have to be illegally crafted in warehouses as the only source of their weapons. I doubt you want that, do you?

You wont either

3 minutes ago, Kacper said:
4 minutes ago, GoodDay said:

My group always avoids shootouts and is ready to roleplay. We got some high quality rp skills. Make us official.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is exactly the type of replies that do not contribute to anything.

33 minutes ago, Kacper said:
35 minutes ago, DeanC said:

Kacper every statement you've made so far proves that what you're looking for is a CnR server, not roleplay. 

im not the only one

Does that make it okay to treat the server as a 'Cops & Robbers' one? Like it or not, this is the server. You can work trying to change some features, but this server will remain a roleplay server.

I have been trying to keep the groups away from their deathmatch purposes but pretty words will not be enough to solve it, more drastic changes need to be made and I am happy I am not the only one acting towards changing this state. My thought is as described before, not every situation that involves a civilian needs to end in a shootout, this is the feeling we currently have and I expect you to start working towards changing it. We have lost a few active players who are unhappy with daily shooting scenarios and I personally miss them, I can not be the only one feeling this way.
If criminals had to work harder to receive their weapons, would that decrease deathmatch and encourage other people to actually roleplay to get what they want? To cause fewer shootouts simply because they value weapons more than usual? I hope so, because changes need to made and we can not be the only side providing suggestions and improvements, I would like to hear the criminals'  opinions as well. (Not you Kacper, you have proven unable to provide proper argument over and over again, you just show how you have no roleplay experience and you only find comfort in shootouts)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jelly said:

I see where this topic is leading to, exactly the same as this discussion topic always leads us to - A dead end because one side does not care enough to provide proper argument and express his opinion. If we want this topic to end in a conclusion, you need to stop talking nonsense and provide a proper argument, agreement or anything else you desire to add to the conversation.

This is exactly the type of replies that do not contribute to anything.

Does that make it okay to treat the server as a 'Cops & Robbers' one? Like it or not, this is the server. You can work trying to change some features, but this server will remain a roleplay server.

I have been trying to keep the groups away from their deathmatch purposes but pretty words will not be enough to solve it, more drastic changes need to be made and I am happy I am not the only one acting towards changing this state. My thought is as described before, not every situation that involves a civilian needs to end in a shootout, this is the feeling we currently have and I expect you to start working towards changing it. We have lost a few active players who are unhappy with daily shooting scenarios and I personally miss them, I can not be the only one feeling this way.
If criminals had to work harder to receive their weapons, would that decrease deathmatch and encourage other people to actually roleplay to get what they want? To cause fewer shootouts simply because they value weapons more than usual? I hope so, because changes need to made and we can not be the only side providing suggestions and improvements, I would like to hear the criminals'  opinions as well. (Not you Kacper, you have proven unable to provide proper argument over and over again, you just show how you have no roleplay experience and you only find comfort in shootouts)

No need to make weapons cost more

Just add proper rules and punishments

25 minutes ago, Jelly said:

If criminals had to work harder to receive their weapons, would that decrease deathmatch and encourage other people to actually roleplay to get what they want? To cause fewer shootouts simply because they value weapons more than usual? I hope so, because changes need to made and we can not be the only side providing suggestions and improvements, I would like to hear the criminals'  opinions as well

Ask Carbon how that went 🤷‍♂️

The reason why loads of shootouts happen in my personal opinion, is the punishment.

It's much better for a criminal to die and lose just their weapons, than it is for them to be arrested and have 1/2 their illegal stuff taken away from them.

For instance in a TS, a cop pulls you over. It's much better for me, to lose a 1500$ Deagle than pay a 3500$ speeding ticket or serve a 5 minute jail sentence.

If the charges were to be lowered to the 1k$ area, less shootouts would happen, cos they wouldn't be worth it. As of now, its much better to kill a cop on the first hint of being fined. Changes should be made to the justice system.

I was asked by someone for my input regarding this since he was interested in it so here it is, but I won't bother to reply to any further discussion on this.

You can write all the topics you want this is not going to change shit, it didn't in Argonath and it won't here. Because of a very simple reason, the rules are being shitted on, since the beginning of the server I and a few other people were for stricter enforcement of rules and making sure they are properly stated and constantly improved on and adapted to the changing server. The idea was so that there are no "grey areas" where it's left up to the staff's discretion which has people who don't know what the fuck they are doing as shown by the behaviour of some of the staff members, not going to mention names but we all know who.

The mentality of the server is as it is, most people won't bother to "role-play" as they don't even know what the fuck roleplay even is in the first place and use the excuse of a "light-rp" server to DM all they want. It happened in Argonath and is happening here. You can try all you want to try and change it but it's too late, the mentality of the server is already set and most of the player base with it. Most of the people who wanted to do proper roleplay had enough of the DM and left for LSRP or RCRP not only here in Mudoo but in Argonath as well.

But hey, if you manage to turn this around props to you. 

@LocMax

I find it autistic how we're still talking about roleplay even though you get auto suspected on murder although the victim is somewhere in the middle of the desert. This auto suspection is the problem. The overwhelming amount of shootouts happen because of this. Attempts to rob someone; maybe its a retard like Martin_Caleton does powergaming gets shot dead. Police rushes the spot and shootout occurs even though it was a completely deserted alley.

6 minutes ago, MarksmanV2 said:

@LocMax

I find it autistic how we're still talking about roleplay even though you get auto suspected on murder although the victim is somewhere in the middle of the desert. This auto suspection is the problem. The overwhelming amount of shootouts happen because of this. Attempts to rob someone; maybe its a retard like Martin_Caleton does powergaming gets shot dead. Police rushes the spot and shootout occurs even though it was a completely deserted alley.

agreed, also the atm robbery and the stupid cctv who only watches the atms

• Community Manager

We had in the beginning of Mudoo a system where people were not auto suspected at murder but were suspected after /inspect was done on a body. What are thoughts of this being brought back?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LocMax said:

We had in the beginning of Mudoo a system where people were not auto suspected at murder but were suspected after /inspect was done on a body. What are thoughts of this being brought back?

It will finally make people move the bodies off the road, increase some fear of being chased by cops and will actually increase some roleplay. Supporting this.

10 minutes ago, TiMoN said:

what we need is more turfs and bank robbery for 200 players

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSF3tzHKgh3IgfcyqqNCCL

Exactly. Want to develop the server as a ROLEPLAY one? Why add turfs that cause turf-wars, thus, more deathmatch? Why make bank robbery a thing? The only thing that it will cause, which is inevitable, is mass DM. Doesn't matter which side wins, there will be PLENTY of bodies and just plain DM.

2 minutes ago, Macon Ravenwood said:

Exactly. Want to develop the server as a ROLEPLAY one? Why add turfs that cause turf-wars, thus, more deathmatch? Why make bank robbery a thing? The only thing that it will cause, which is inevitable, is mass DM. Doesn't matter which side wins, there will be PLENTY of bodies and just plain DM.

We made turfs so groups would fight each other,apparently they all made a deal and wont even fight over them lmao.Just remove turfs already.Pointless.

28 minutes ago, LocMax said:

Yes, combine this with the suspects not being able to see that they're wanted. That makes shooting cops just because someone is a suspect an impossible argument. Police will be forced to put up BOLO's and actually search, plan an approach.

Edited by DeanC

Just now, DeanC said:

Yes, combine this with the suspects not being able to see that they're wanted and removal of RHL. That makes shooting cops just because someone is a suspect an impossible argument. Police will be forced to put up BOLO's and actually search, plan an approach.

Totaly agree.The fact they are wanted is overused to shoot more cops on sight.

• Like 1

• Dylan unfeatured this topic
  • James locked this topic