Survey Review

LocMax

• Community Manager

image.png

Hello dear players.

The management team took the last few days to go over the survey responses. Each and every response (except the unserious ones) were considered and discussed by the management team. We will file the responses at the bottom of the post in case you are interested into what players have been submitting in the survey.

We identified some recurring issues:

• Roleplaying players and groups are being ignored;
  • We are not enforcing roleplay enough through rules;
  • We are not sufficiently strict in server rule enforcement;
  • Our staff need training on dealing with situations;
  • We need to reward and support roleplaying players and groups;

A lot of the survey responses complained of the lack of roleplay, excess of deathmatch, unsatisfactory staff performance and the lack of quality in the player base.

Our solutions to the aforementioned issues are:

• Roleplaying groups and players receive a special status in-game visible in different places
    • For example, in /listgroups, groups focusing on roleplay will have a special [roleplay] label beside it
    • These roleplaying groups would have discounted price for elevators, gates, additional HQs and other
    • These roleplaying groups which are criminal would have better prices at the drug dealer or reduced weapon crafting parts
    • The roleplaying players would have reduced price for custom numberplates, /loyalty perks and other alike
    • The roleplaying groups would receive extra vehicle slots and a third group HQ
    • The status of a roleplaying group or player would be issued based on player's or group's performance over an extended period of time
    • The status can be revoked at any point should the group or the player stop roleplaying

• Motivate player-player interaction through script
    • As suggested by Pablo, different criminal group types can produce different items, such as:
      • Mafia can produce snipers and grenades
      • Gang can produce AK47 and molotov
      • Cartel can produce M4 and RPG
    • This would force other groups to make deals with groups to purchase weaponry that they cannot produce themselves
    • Similarly, for drugs:
      • Mafia can sell heroin
      • Gang can sell cannabis
      • Cartel can sell cocaine and meth
    • This would mean that if a certain group wants to sell heroin, but it's not mafia, they have to contact a mafia and sell to the mafia rather than to the scripted dealer
    • In addition, we are considering restricting drug sales to the scripted drug dealers for non-groups altogether so individual players who want to sell drugs must reach out to one of the criminal groups

• Boosting legal jobs
    • Making legal jobs nearly as profitable as the illegal jobs (such as drugs)
    • Ensuring players who take jobs actually perform the tasks of the job
    • Adding new roleplay positions in government such as
      • State council - it would have around 6 members who would be handpicked from applications based on their punishment history, knowledge of roleplay, in game activity and interest into political roleplay
      • The state council's job would be legislative - to approve or disapprove of law changes by governor, to hold oversight over the governor's activities, to ensure finances of the state are being managed well and to allocate certain amount for projects and activities and so on

• Improving staff quality
    • Staff members would be vetted out more strictly, meaning those with bad history would not be recruited
    • We would develop a training program so that staff improves in their ability to investigate and handle situations
    • Developing a more efficient way for reporting, as it tends to happen that staff get swarmed by complex reports in-game which take too long to handle, resulting in other reports piling up and being unhandled
      • This would mean any report that would take more than a few minutes to handle in-game gets directed on forum

• Improving player quality and roleplay quality
    • More strictly enforcing rules on behavior and decency (no toxic or childish behavior)
    • More strictly enforcing rules on names (no more "glock_14", "donald_trump", "dinko321" type of names)
    • Removing patriots and other military tier vehicles from population (keep it only for groups)
    • Removing vehicle armor levels from privately owned vehicles (if it's above 1500 hp) and keep it only for groups

Link to the survey responses posted in our discord - LINK [check pinned messages]

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, LocMax said:
      • This would mean any report that would take more than a few minutes to handle in-game gets directed on forum

I'd like to add - Players shouldn't have the authority to pause a situation on /B and if a situation is taking place, the handling admin should wait until the situation is over. This way others can have fun and not have their RP paused every single time especially when most of the complaints are invalid.

Edited by JasonM

Where is the economy fix? it's the most fucked up thing in the server yet y'all just ignored it tf, people won't "roleplay" better just cuz you give them perks, they already SUPER rich, they don't need reductions and better deals, they'll buy whatever they need anyways

• Popcorn 1

Thaat armour thingy seems a bit too excessive.
For granted yes, some vehicles with armour and especially with BP are way too OP.

But to me, it seems a bit too much, for example if you have armoured (not BP!) car like Admiral, Washington or similar. Which are not that fast you know.

• Like 4

I agree with the most part, although there are things I wouldn't like, they are good enough for me to live.

HOWEVER, I believe that you shouldn't take away patriots from players*, as there is no similar vehicle you can replace it with. Looks bad or not, it should be kept or switched to a FBI Rancher for Mafia, and rest to something different. 

I do not believe that you should remove the 3,000 health upgrade to personal vehicles, or you should do a refund or ''compensation'' if you decide to. I personally just upgraded a Limousine to 3khp, and making it 1.5k, is well... pointless.

Edited by Tom
3KHP + CORRECTION!!

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

I agree with the most part, although there are things I wouldn't like, they are good enough for me to live.

HOWEVER, I believe that you shouldn't take away patriots from groups, as there is no similar vehicle you can replace it with. Looks bad or not, it should be kept or switched to a FBI Rancher for Mafia, and rest to something different. 

I do not believe that you should remove the 3,000 health upgrade to personal vehicles, or you should do a refund or ''compensation'' if you decide to. I personally just upgraded a Limousine to 3khp, and making it 1.5k, is well... pointless.

Why would there be a compensation if every 3k hp is being made 1.5k? It's technically the same, it's just your mindset. 1.5k hp is the new 3khp

What about the civilian life? PD or SD aren't everywhere to protect us from being robbed by the gangs, mafias or other players. It's the vehicle we drive which does most part of getting out of the situation alive by bearing the incoming  bullets preying on our life,  if you remove that part, then I suppose we shouldn't leave the safe zones for our safety.

2 minutes ago, Tanzidur said:

Why would there be a compensation if every 3k hp is being made 1.5k? It's technically the same, it's just your mindset. 1.5k hp is the new 3khp

Well..that wouldn't work when you get chased by a 3khp gang vehicle with 4x occupants in it chasing you to rob your shit, while you drive a 1.5khp vehicle clinging to your life alone.

11 minutes ago, Tanzidur said:

therefore I should pick if I want to be criminal or PD, else I cannot survive.

Crims, packed in huntleys with armour, BP wheels and windows

PD with volunteer meatshield and somewhat armoured vehicles.

10 minutes ago, cavosavosk (Marko) said:

therefore I should pick if I want to be criminal or PD, else I cannot survive.

Crims, packed in huntleys with armour, BP wheels and windows

PD with volunteer meatshield and somewhat armoured vehicles.

LA crime rate is high, do you see people in LA roaming in BP cars, and extra armours and shit? No. Stop being whiney, and work with it. You're a senior administrator, it ain't a joke.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ricky_Martin said:

LA crime rate is high, do you see people in LA roaming in BP cars, and extra armours and shit? No. Stop being whiney, and work with it. You're a senior administrator, it ain't a joke.

Game is meant to be fun for everyone. With your logic we should strip off armours from everyone and keep it a bit higher for LEO only. 

Or is Valrise RP renamed to Valrise Cops and Robbers? I don't think so, why would we have business groups and such features implemented.

Lastly, my staff rank doesn't mean anything, I am a player aswell, I am playing on this server too, I have a right to speak about upcoming features cuddy. If it hurts to see that I am administrating and also commenting on certain features about this server, please if you are on PC press that ❌ at top right of your screen or if you are phone user just press power button. Have a nice day ;) 

Edited by cavosavosk (Marko)
  • Like 4