Aftermath of LMSA - What's in effect now?

LocMax

• LocMax changed the title to Aftermath of LMSA - What's in effect now?
16 hours ago, LocMax said:
  • The drive-by rules will be modified to prohibit drive-by by police in these circumstances:
    1. if the suspect is NOT a felonious suspect but is driving a high speed vehicle
      1. In this circumstance, PD will have to utilize their HSV fleet to pursue the suspect and use PIT and other tactics
  •  

2. If the suspect is felonious but in non-HSV
2.1 the suspect will still get drive-by'ed
3. I have no idea how we would stop an NRG-500 with FCR-900 as SAPD unless drive-by'ed or he's a shit rider, so that rule will prevent it unless you give SAPD an NRG or the ability to make exceptions for super-vehicles(Super vehicles are vehicles that goes over 200km+ starting from Banshee and above).
----------------------

16 hours ago, LocMax said:

Creating a specialization for criminal groups which would be responsible for crafting and distributing weapon cases to other groups, under some rules so that there wouldn't end up being a group that wouldn't be sold weapons

Might implement ability to make them legally? Deagle/armour/mp5 cases to be produced in warehouse legally, any other weapon in a case still considered illegal.
----------------------

2 hours ago, Kira said:

Deagle/armour/mp5 cases to be produced in warehouse legally

not reallyyy

1: that defeats the purpose of ammunitions 

2: they normal weaps will be limited to only criminal groups and legal side will suffer.

What i suggest it:

-weapon licenses to be issued by the SAPD (judged by background checks), otherwise free for newbies.(PD has atleast one person online all the time so i don't think this can be such pain in the ass, since all it takes is just an appointment)

-weapon licenses be revoked indefinitely if caught with them

-Being able to produce normal weapons aswell in a warehouse illegally so the needy criminals can get em from there.

how does my suggestion improves anything at all?

-More interaction of the citizen with PD.

-More interactions for criminals to sell their weapons illegally to citizen with revoked weapon licenses (+ they should be cheaper imo but thats ic matter)

^ the above brings more significance of criminal groups since they will have one more thing to do (weapons trade)

-Criminals still get access to weapons thru warehouses

-PD gets to arrest more people without weapon licenses Bottom text

the limits it puts:

- harder for loner criminals to survive without any help from a criminal group or a friend :(

- people who can't be arsed to ask PD to issue licenses

- people who again can't be arsed to do weapon deals with criminal groups

I would like if we test the above for a week(more or less) to see if it works out tho 

• Community Manager

we're not gonna be turning this into a heavy roleplay server with such license systems and making dependency on people to obtain some fundamental things such as weapons, all we're looking to do is to make the heavy weapons (M4, AK, Sniper) more scarce so it's used wisely in fights that require it, not willy nilly as it currently is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kira said:

Might implement ability to make them legally? Deagle/armour/mp5 cases to be produced in warehouse legally, any other weapon in a case still considered illegal.

this would completely ruin ammunations unless you can make them work together

On 10/28/2021 at 10:00 PM, LocMax said:

We're however interested if criminals would be interested in making some changes in the way of how M4, sniper, AK47 cases get produced, making them more rare in the server and more valuable, so their use would be reduced in unimportant scenarios

to get illegal weapons such as m4's and ak47's as an faction (only official ones?) you gotta apply for it in the forums *tell the reason for it and the rp purposes, why do you need/want it* Each case has their own prices and amount how many cases you can order in a month or weeks, it just makes the weapons i mentioned a lot rarer they are more than common now also, fuck the warehouses bro.

as a Cartel I would like to produce weapons and sell them to all groups on the server(enemy or ally don’t care, just keep a good roleplay).

Mafia groups too, the ones official.
The  sniper should be used only by SWAT and HRT, and not by all members but only by 2 max 3 units called "sniper units”.
criminals with ak47 m4 rpg grenades should be enough.
The sniper for criminals mafia, cartel, gangs isn't even realistic to be honest.

Rifle is enought (increase the damage a bit maybe).
But not even 8 swats all with the sniper.
It would be enough to balance, criminals without sniper but for the swat and hrt only 2-3 members.

Use hydra and hunter only for air chases if the suspect is most wanted (4+ stars) or smuggle sits.
I see hunters machine-gunning people on the ground as if everything is ok.

Edited by Pacho
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Pacho said:

The  sniper should be used only by SWAT and HRT, and not by all members but only by 2 max 3 units called "sniper units”.

They all get trained for that so no. Even in real life.

criminals with ak47 m4 rpg grenades should be enough.

and moltovs, if you going for that, it won't make sense for others, i mean, criminals you mentioned every type of criminal groups. RPG for a mafia for example? meh.

The sniper for criminals mafia, cartel, gangs isn't even realistic to be honest.

Agreed 👆

Rifle is enought (increase the damage a bit maybe).
But not even 8 swats all with the sniper.

Nope, I'll tell you why, the units keep switching or someone is down, so no. We ain't going heavy rp as Loc said.

Use hydra and hunter only for air chases if the suspect is most wanted (4+ stars) or smuggle sits.
I see hunters machine-gunning people on the ground as if everything is ok.

That was mentioned before, but for what you said it doesn't make any sense, imagine having two infractions that turned into misdemeanor and two felonies and you get shot down for that, having charges won't stop heavy air units from shooting you down, HA units will shoot you when you are evading in a aircraft whatever the charge you got.
Gunning down by Hunter is allowed as per regulations & specific situations. so good luck finding a solution for that, Government will take necessary force to combat crime even if they have to bring tanks. but then again, you have specific situations & groups that get such respond.
-----

23 hours ago, Subbe said:

to get illegal weapons such as m4's and ak47's as an faction (only official ones?) you gotta apply for it in the forums *tell the reason for it and the rp purposes, why do you need/want it* Each case has their own prices and amount how many cases you can order in a month or weeks, it just makes the weapons i mentioned a lot rarer they are more than common now also, fuck the warehouses bro.

Wouldn't it make more sense if it got monitored by management until the amount of such weapons is reduced then they give permissions to specific groups that can have such ability to produce (e.g a cartel)

19 minutes ago, Kira said:

They all get trained for that so no. Even in real life.

But where is the balance then?

We fight without sniper and you snipe us in 8?

No sniper for us, no sniper for all of you too (just some units trained for that and that are active in the server) deployed for a specific situation that require the use of a sniper such as barricaded area, huge and big weed field(not 200 seeds lol)or for a criminal that need to be shotted down because is most wanted for murder crimes of cops/others.

This is my point of view..

This discussion is to limit the use of heavy weapons(Sniper), I am not entering into the merits of the work of the cops, I am only making considerations and opinions :)

Edited by Pacho

26 minutes ago, -PROTTO- said:

Let the criminals use colt45s then and the PD-RPGs. This is so unbalanced. 

For Primary you have to use Black ops Ak47

Attachments:

Muzzle: GRU Suppressor 

Barrel: 20" Spetsnaz RPK Barrel 

Optic: Axial Arms 3x 

Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip

Ammunition: 45 Rnd Speed Mag

Secondary 

Black ops RPG

On 10/31/2021 at 2:39 PM, Pacho said:

But where is the balance then?

We fight without sniper and you snipe us in 8?

No sniper for us, no sniper for all of you too (just some units trained for that and that are active in the server) deployed for a specific situation that require the use of a sniper such as barricaded area, huge and big weed field(not 200 seeds lol)or for a criminal that need to be shotted down because is most wanted for murder crimes of cops/others.

This is my point of view..

This discussion is to limit the use of heavy weapons(Sniper), I am not entering into the merits of the work of the cops, I am only making considerations and opinions :)

You lucky LocMax giving you such things, other RP servers criminal get the middle finger only, they can cry if they want. Their excuse there is 'cops should be powerful' but here as I said, there's big ass balanced features so quit saying non-sense please if you haven't been in touch with server since years.
LAPD's SWAT was seen sniping bank robbers with snipers, dare to say that real life got nothing to do with roleplay? If you don't, then you're missing the point.

• Like 1

My idea is that criminal groups should be able to purchase Warehouse at max once each month for a period of 7 to 10 days and they would use that time to deliver materials, craft and reserve all cases they wish to. This will give all criminal groups a chance to temporarily own and craft cases for their members. With this we wouldn't need to have " a specialization for criminal groups which would be responsible for crafting and distributing weapon cases to other groups".

On 10/29/2021 at 5:06 PM, LocMax said:

we're not gonna be turning this into a heavy roleplay server with such license systems and making dependency on people to obtain some fundamental things such as weapons, all we're looking to do is to make the heavy weapons (M4, AK, Sniper) more scarce so it's used wisely in fights that require it, not willy nilly as it currently is

I'm in favor for the main idea, decreasing the accessibility for heavy weapons, but I don't agree on the suggested methods, specially the "specialized group" idea will probably cause a lot of drama, some groups will be mad that they're targeted or that other groups are more favored than others. even if it's not actually the case it'll still cause tons of drama regardless. (at least I think so)
While currently I don't have any suggestions that would help achieve this, I'd suggest maybe thinking outside the box, rethink the whole warehouse idea? I'd prefer if there is a system that rewards roleplayers over DMers, as DMers+heavy weapons kinda ruin "my" fun (I'm aware some others love this style of gameplay)
Overall I believe that the management are on the right path.

On 10/28/2021 at 8:00 PM, LocMax said:

The drive-by rules will be modified to prohibit drive-by by police in these circumstances:

1. if the suspect is NOT a felonious suspect but is driving a high speed vehicle
    1. In this circumstance, PD will have to utilize their HSV fleet to pursue the suspect and use PIT and other tactics

what about armoured cars