State Vehicle Removal [Public poll & discussion]

INFERNO

State Vehicle Removal [Public Poll]  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Should state vehicles be removed and state rental system added on multiple areas across maps?

• Yes
    • No

For this to work you would need to ensure that taxi driver job pays well, if someone decides to open a cab company he would receive benefits such as extra bonus.

Another change you can implement is fuel capacity and it's cost. But for taxi drivers it will remain same as now.

Thief vehicle list would need to be revised considering there are some vehicles on the list which no one uses and the pay should be increased as well since you would have to steal from players which will be hard.

Newbies should have access to state cars parked at unity station. This would only be drivable by newbies.

Trucks should remain as well for trucker job only.

Edited by CraZe

it has a lot of advantage yes, but i think this will be impossible due to online players nowadays sometimes 7/250, 11/250. people stays online at this time will suffer going back to ls from lv just to get their vehicles, because they forget to refuel their vehicles, they drifting a reason that sometimes the vehicle battery is dead and the most annoying is that someone will intentionally lag ram players with their 3k hp vehicle. and if the vehicle battery is dead i don't have any other choice but to wait for the taxi and hoping they will come peacefully or might as well taxi robbers because they saw my name calling for a taxi and those taxi drivers calling their friends informing that "rival group is calling for a taxi, Lets go Rob him". And i also don't want to see Green and Blue/Dark Blue colors in "TAB" section

I will support this somehow, this will also open up a new business RP opportunity.

Edited by CrapTree

1 hour ago, CraZe said:

Another change you can implement is fuel capacity and it's cost.

There was a mild fuel changes some time ago.

@CrapTreeyou are right with you arguments. Players mentality nowadays is not good at the moment. This change might make very big outflow on current new playerbase.

I would advise not to REMOVE but to firstly REDUCE the state owned cars. And moreover adjust them a bit. So they are spread well round the map and also reduced aswell.

We can slowly remove them after some time. This will be a big "shock to the system" if they are removed instantly. Throughout this time people would adjust to this (ppl will start to do taxi jobs for example) and all of us would welcome this new change very well.

But currently how the suggestion is stated, i do not support it. I will be supporting it with the changes i mentioned in some form

Edited by cavosavosk (Marko)

-This will kill /thief. No one will look for a player owned Esperanto for 2 hours to get 9k in the end

-No one will use taxi anyways. I'd personally choose to run across LS to my own car than wait for a taxi to figure out what LS Forum is.

-The map will look even more fucking deserted. Irl LA isnt a ghosttown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CraZe said:

For this to work you would need to ensure that taxi driver job pays well, if someone decides to open a cab company he would receive benefits such as extra bonus.

Another change you can implement is fuel capacity and it's cost. But for taxi drivers it will remain same as now.

Thief vehicle list would need to be revised considering there are some vehicles on the list which no one uses and the pay should be increased as well since you would have to steal from players which will be hard.

Newbies should have access to state cars parked at unity station. This would only be drivable by newbies.

Trucks should remain as well for trucker job only.

There are u owned trucks as well make them trucker job vehicle too

This would be great.

Everyone has a car, they’d have to be more careful to not kill it. And if they don’t have a car they can afford it because the prices are really really cheap + most of players may gift you money to buy one.

Even if this doesn’t go through some cars should be removed because LS is full of state cars that are most of the time left dead on the streets.

12 hours ago, SixFeetUnder said:

I support the removal but there should be state owned cars for newbies, say below level 5? Doesn't sit well with me that a newbie with 10k(?) needs to rent. Restrict cheap starter cars just for them to get acquainted with server.

3 hours ago, Valentino_Prociutto said:

This would be great.

Everyone has a car, they’d have to be more careful to not kill it. And if they don’t have a car they can afford it because the prices are really really cheap + most of players may gift you money to buy one.

Even if this doesn’t go through some cars should be removed because LS is full of state cars that are most of the time left dead on the streets.

Actually car prices are pretty high

4 hours ago, Simone_Montana said:

Actually car prices are pretty high

No, they are not in no way. A premier + huntley cost me ~170..180k, I got that amount of money just by working for 3 hours as a trucker, you can get that amount of money as a thief in 1.5-2 hours if you know the spawn points.

27 minutes ago, Presion said:

No, they are not in no way. A premier + huntley cost me ~170..180k, I got that amount of money just by working for 3 hours as a trucker, you can get that amount of money as a thief in 1.5-2 hours if you know the spawn points.

The problem these ppl are adressing is connected with that their SPECIFIC vehicle is not cheap. I dont really get why you always need a top notch vehicle. Slowly build up to that while driving another car. I bought manana as a joke and actually i enjoy it af.

removing the state vehicles would also change police chases, as of right now criminals will flee, damage the police car and when their car becomes damaged they just flee and take one of the unowned vehicles, that whay they can flee while leaving behind a (near) broken police cruiser. so yes i support removing them.

As we can see many groups are ready with transportation facility in all means of transport. + taxi will be alive + there are cheap vehicles to buy from DS + new vehicle rental system will start. 

Yes for newcomers should be given the beginning money to at least rent that vehicle or some state-owned cars for them only.

oh my god, you guys seriously wanna remove this feature... aside of all the unrealistic features, you chose to change this which is actually realistic since you can see dozens of cars in-real life parked (yes, I know they have owners, but 100 players ain't gonna be filling the whole San Andreas). Especially when you're lost in the desert cuz u /q'ed or something and you ask for a tp then an admin tells you Not My Problem . ? then you have to walk that back to Los Santos when you just could pick a state vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• LocMax locked this topic