Wealth Taxation - discussion

Christian

1 hour ago, Christian said:

Oh, please. I'm one of the biggest if not actually the biggest drug lords in this server. There aren't many people who deal even above 10kg so they can't really call themselves drug lordsl, while I deal with 100kg. So yea, I can confidently say that I am a drug lord and others are just local dealers. 

Pfft i made almost 500KG deals 😏😏

Anyway, I hope cops would purchase firearms (armour, m4 and snipers) so it will be a fair discussion 

Edited by CrapTree

15 hours ago, Christian said:

It's a problem that it's going to get removed in a bullshit way.

I mean, realistically speaking, drug lords would usually launder their money, so in some form or another you'd be paying tax on it. In the server we're limited to the detail of the script / system because its time consuming and there are other issues. I see zero point scripting some intricate system where money can be laundered through legal business and then all earnings are declared and money paid to an entity like the IRS, to get the exact same outcome. It's presented in a simple way yes, but if we presented it in some intricate and confusing way, the outcome would still be the same. 

Let's say that you live in Saudi Arabia, where there is no income tax. You have 1mil dollars. What would happen if government out of nowhere started taking 10% out of your bank account just because you are rich? I'd say they'd get bombed or some shit. 

I mean in this given example, yes people would probably not be happy. But there is again one thing you are failing to realise, and that is that this is indeed not real life. I've noticed criminals love to compare to real life when its a system / feature that affects them in a negative way, but heavily contradict themselves because in the same breath they'll roleplay as an underground mob, who will have a senior member wheeling to a gas station on his pink NRG because some hood rat asked for help, and that's fine because "its a 2004 game bro" 

We have an economy where people can grow masses of wealth in the hundreds of millions and be completely un harassed by any government entity for the legality and the legitimacy of their income, yet it appears you want to spend an extra 20 hours a week forging transactions of a cover business, to still be taxed income tax at probably the same rate as this wealth tax. 

Last time I checked, drug dealers and people who earn their money illegally don't pay income taxes. 

Answered this previously, you'd pay it in some form because you'd launder your money. 

If I was working as a trucker, I wouldn't complain about having to pay income tax. My income comes from dealing drugs, do I have to pay taxes to government for dealing drugs?

Same again.

Let me compare myself to El Chapo, Pablo Escobar or some other big drug lord. 

El Chapo isn't paying income tax > Christian Ryan also isn't paying income tax
El Chapo is paying only tax for the items he has registered > Chrisitian Ryan also pays tax for his properties and his vehicles
El Chapo hides his money in a way that government can't get to it > Christian Ryan stores his money in his bank account because he has no other way to store it. And somehow he must pay the taxes.

"El Chapo isn't paying income tax" > El Chapo laundered some of his money, in turn some tax would have been paid. Unsure in what quantity as I'm not an expert on him and his cartel. Christian Ryan on the other hand walks into the bank an makes frequent withdrawals and deposits in the multi-millions and has never been questioned on it. 

"El Chapo is paying only tax for the items he has registered" > Christian Ryan deposits all of his money in a personal bank account.

"El Chapo hides his money in a way that government can't get to it" El Chapo made many efforts to clean his money, Christian Ryan, citizen of fictional Los Angeles, does not. 

Another example of a single criminal comparing themselves to real life drug lords and cartels with thousands of members and working parts, but only when it suits them. 

3 hours ago, Buddah. said:

I mean, realistically speaking, drug lords would usually launder their money, so in some form or another you'd be paying tax on it. In the server we're limited to the detail of the script / system because its time consuming and there are other issues. I see zero point scripting some intricate system where money can be laundered through legal business and then all earnings are declared and money paid to an entity like the IRS, to get the exact same outcome. It's presented in a simple way yes, but if we presented it in some intricate and confusing way, the outcome would still be the same. 

Okay. Realistically speaking in that case everyone would be paying taxes and I can pretty much assume that the current paychecks are the netto salary (after taxes).

El Chapo laundered some of his money, in turn some tax would have been paid. Unsure in what quantity as I'm not an expert on him and his cartel. Christian Ryan on the other hand walks into the bank an makes frequent withdrawals and deposits in the multi-millions and has never been questioned on it. 

There are no other options. 

Also, if there would actually be taxes, wouldn't everyone have them? And not just the ones who have a lot of money?