Wealth Taxation - discussion

Christian

1 hour ago, Christian said:

You are poor. 
>Ramo pls give money. 
>Pete pls give money I need armour and guns
>Works in PD to get guns for free
>Takes 50 sniper from warehouse for shootout for free.
>Doesn't put any time and effort into getting things

Well.. Duh, you don't understand why the money should be a concern, if you never had it and never understood how it works when you haven't done anything to get it. 
Some people enjoy having money as that is one less thing they should worry about. As well as they don't want to be pathetic and constantly begging others for money or items. 

>never asked ramo for cash

>i ask pete because we share the willowfield ammunation as we bought it together with william during early days which u wouldnt know about so i share same ideology as you about not working later on

>? so i have to pay for guns in pd too? (im not in pd)

>the warehouse weapons are there for turfs, i use them for turfs, they are supposed to be used for turfs, you are acting like i have to pay for them which i dont lol and i put good use of those sniper

>i put effort and time into things that interests me and i find useful, check my character story

ur really talking out of ur ass considering the fact that u just said  i never had money when i gave away a total of 22m cash once. what i do or say to pete or others shouldnt be your concern

1 hour ago, Buddah. said:

Business owner always have, and always will have to continue working and building their income streams. Like Locmax said previously, the issue isn't people with a below $10m net worth, it's those who horde copious amounts of assets and money, yet this money isn't trickling down in the economy because they are inactive and coming IG to collect profits and quitting again. 

One month I have 50.000$ in my bank account, the next month I have 35.000.000$. It goes back and fourth as I constantly buy and sell expensive houses, businesses and vehicles. I started this about 8 months ago with 1.000.000$, and built my way up to the top.

I was, and still am one of the most active players in the server for a very long period of time.

Spoiler

208428530_Screenshot(336).png.209ea4dcdd2336b557a3af54352f071d.png

To be frank, the ones moaning about it are the ones who stand to lose a couple hundred thousand from their multi-million net worth, if you put this negative energy into generating another revenue stream, you'd probably negate the tiny loss your gigantic net worth will take from being taxed. 

5% of 3.000.000$ is indeed a relatively small amount of money, 150.000$. But what happens when I have 30.000.000$ and I get taxed 7% for it? I lose 2.100.000$

This is a log for the first 5 months of the corporation I am part of:

1st month - 168 vehicles sold | 20 properties furnished | 8 properties sold | 124 unique customers | profit 10.500.000 - 12.000.000$

2nd month - 72 vehicles sold | 4 properties sold | 55 unique customers | profit 7.440.000$ (Reserved vehicles not taken in consideration)

3rd month - 51 vehicles sold | 2 properties sold | 36 unique customers | profit 10.965.000$

4th month - 53 vehicles sold | 37 unique customers | profit negative 8.000.000$

5th month - 82 vehicles sold | 2 properties furnished | 52 unique customers | profit 5.108.500$

A large amount is given to the employees. They get 100% of the profit from stock vehicles sold, 10, 20, 30 or 40% of profit from out of stock vehicles (Based on their rank), 100% from furnishing, 50% from sold properties.

The remaining profit will be equally split to three players, me, Bureaqer Lloyd, and Isabella Lloyd.

This means I will soon lose more money than I make, just because I worked hard for a very long period of time.

I understand that management does not like when people who are very wealthy go inactive and log in just to collect profits, but why are others being punished for it?

Most people are poor just because they are lazy. They log in > do some killing > die > lose weapons and armor. There's no "work" in their routine.

If you go EMS duty, you can easily earn over 100.000$ daily. This means you can earn 3.000.000$ a month, from which you will spend a reasonable amount on repairs, weapons, armor or other expenses. However, you will still end up with a good amount of money. But everyone knows there are many other ways to make a lot more money, such as trucking or doing criminal activity.

Some of you say that wealthy people buy businesses and hold onto them to get rich, without working anymore.

I owned every type of business except for Ammu-Nations and I can confidently say that none will profit you enough to get the money spent back. If a business has good profits, then you'll have to pay 10.000.000$ for it, money which you will never get back unless you sell the business to someone else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Buddah. said:

There becomes a point where money is just sitting in peoples bank not being used.

Why is that a problem? 

31 minutes ago, Buddah. said:

The fact is, looking at the data, there's only a handful who stand to lose a decent amount of cash from this tax, although comparatively to their net worth, it's peanuts. 

Okay? And? They still worked to get their money, they put effort into it and now it's being taken from them and they can't do anything about it.. Why? How does that even make sense?
What would happen if you had 10 000 pounds in your bank account and goverment just decided ''oh, that guy has a lot of money, let's 1000 pounds from his savings to make it more balanced.. other people are poor'' That's straight up robbing.It's not income tax or whatever, you are just taking someones wealth.. And it doesn't change anything for the poor people.. So how does that make sense in any way?
Let's push it to the extreme -
>Elon Musk is paying income tax. For every Tesla he sells, a part of money he generated goes to government... He sells 10k testlas and gets 50m, 10m goes to taxes. He earns money, government earns money. Everything is fine. 
>Elon has let's say 100b in his bank account. Government decides to take 10b from his bank account, because he is rich. HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?

33 minutes ago, Buddah. said:

Like Locmax said previously, the issue isn't people with a below $10m net worth, it's those who horde copious amounts of assets and money, yet this money isn't trickling down in the economy because they are inactive and coming IG to collect profits and quitting again. 

Then maybe find another solution of how to get money from them instead of straight up taking it from their bank accounts. 

46 minutes ago, Buddah. said:

To be frank, the ones moaning about it are the ones who stand to lose a couple hundred thousand from their multi-million net worth, if you put this negative energy into generating another revenue stream, you'd probably negate the tiny loss your gigantic net worth will take from being taxed. 

I have to pay the state half a million a month? For what? For having money in my bank account? How does this make sense? 

48 minutes ago, Buddah. said:

You can't have it all, be active and build your net worth, or stay inactive and watch the number dwindle because you're too lazy to maintain your bank account.   

I'm active and I'm comfortable with the amount of money I have. I have enough money to do drug deals up to 100kg. From 100kg I get around 500k-1m and some fbi rats for myself. Getting such amounts of drugs isn't always easy. 
With the money and buy whatever I need in my day to day activities..
On average on these items in a day I spend..
PnS  15k
/v tow 2k
fuel 1.5k
food 300
weapons armour 25k
mask 7k
painkillers 500
bls kits 5k
other costs: 200
TOTAL: 56.5k x30 days = 1.7m a month
and shit like that +property and vehicle taxes which are around 150k a month. 
So in total in a month I spend around let's say 2m
Now on top of all this spending I need to get 1m more? Why?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Oscar said:

If I was broke I would do that.

There has been only 1 case where I have seen someone RP being homeless. It's the actual Homeless guy from Argonath who joined the server and left shortly afterwards... No one would do it.

16 minutes ago, Oscar said:

You guys are thinking money is all, let me tell you this is a GAME and VIRTUAL MONEY Who cares about that

When you have items which require money to buy them, you start worring about it. 

11 minutes ago, AMR said:

You don't need 50M in your account to be able to buy guns, a 5M is more than enough to DM for days.

I have less than 10m in my bank account, yet I need them so I could keep maintaining the 10m at 10m as I have to do drug deals with the 10m and I have to spend money on day to day activities.

54 minutes ago, Anna Hemwoth said:

5% of 3.000.000$ is indeed a relatively small amount of money, 150.000$. But what happens when I have 30.000.000$ and I get taxed 7% for it? I lose 2.100.000$

You'd be taxed $1,900,000 if you had $30,000,000 

54 minutes ago, Anna Hemwoth said:

A large amount is given to the employees. They get 100% of the profit from stock vehicles sold, 10, 20, 30 or 40% of profit from out of stock vehicles (Based on their rank), 100% from furnishing, 50% from sold properties.

The remaining profit will be equally split to three players, me, Bureaqer Lloyd, and Isabella Lloyd.

This means I will soon lose more money than I make, just because I worked hard for a very long period of time.

I understand that management does not like when people who are very wealthy go inactive and log in just to collect profits, but why are others being punished for it?

I struggle to see how paying your employees would affect you, they pay the tax on the wages, and not you since the money isn't in your possession, maybe there's something I'm missing since I just skimmed through. 

edit : changed my maths to be correct

Edited by Buddah.

1 minute ago, Buddah. said:

You'd be taxed $1,450,000 if you had $30,000,000

What is the percentage of Tax I have to pay?

• Wealth till $3.000.000 is tax free.
  • Wealth between $3.000.000 and $10.000.000 will be taxed 5% per month.
  • Wealth between $10.000.000 and $50.000.000 will be taxed 7% per month.
  • Wealth above $50.000.000 will be taxed 10% per month.

7/100*30,000,000=2,100,000

Math is not that hard, come on.

1 minute ago, Buddah. said:

I struggle to see how paying your employees would affect you, they pay the tax on the wages, and not you since the money isn't in your possession, maybe there's something I'm missing since I just skimmed through. 

Like someone said in the previous comments, I don't think you understand the difference between income tax and wealth tax either.

In the previous post I revealed the corporation's income of previous months, then I explained how I get a small portion of that profit. Now, when I will liquify my assets I will be taxed over 2.000.000$, which is lower than my income. Therefore, I will start losing money just because I gathered a large amount of money over a long period of time. 

By your logic, is it okay that I will lose more money than I can make, just because in the past I worked more than others?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christian said:

Why is that a problem? 

Why is it a problem if you don't have it anymore? 

9 minutes ago, Christian said:

What would happen if you had 10 000 pounds in your bank account and goverment just decided ''oh, that guy has a lot of money, let's 1000 pounds from his savings to make it more balanced.. other people are poor'' That's straight up robbing.It's not income tax or whatever, you are just taking someones wealth.

If I paid income tax on it, I'd probably be pissed. But we don't pay income tax on money we earn in the server so this argument is kind of irrelevant. If we took the word "Wealth" from it, it would just be tax. What would you base your argument on then?

18 minutes ago, Christian said:

>Elon Musk is paying income tax. For every Tesla he sells, a part of money he generated goes to government... He sells 10k testlas and gets 50m, 10m goes to taxes. He earns money, government earns money. Everything is fine. 
>Elon has let's say 100b in his bank account. Government decides to take 10b from his bank account, because he is rich. HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?

"Elon Musk is paying income tax" > Christian Ryan isn't. 

"He earns money, government earns money." > The Government currently takes $0 in tax from Christian Ryan's income. 

"Elon has let's say 100b in his bank account. Government decides to take 10b from his bank account, because he is rich."  > Elon musk pays income tax. Christian Ryan does not.

12 minutes ago, Christian said:

I have to pay the state half a million a month? For what? For having money in my bank account? How does this make sense?

You have to pay the state a percentage of what you earn because that's how life works, you're again clinging on to the fact its called a "wealth tax" and are failing to consider you don't actually pay an income tax. 

14 minutes ago, Christian said:

I have enough money to do drug deals up to 100kg. From 100kg I get around 500k-1m

14 minutes ago, Christian said:

TOTAL: 56.5k x30 days = 1.7m a month

By this logic you should have been in minus money a long time ago, since you're making a net loss of $700k after your claimed "expenses" 

2 minutes ago, Buddah. said:

If I paid income tax on it, I'd probably be pissed. But we don't pay income tax on money we earn in the server so this argument is kind of irrelevant. If we took the word "Wealth" from it, it would just be tax. What would you base your argument on then?

"Elon Musk is paying income tax" > Christian Ryan isn't. 

"He earns money, government earns money." > The Government currently takes $0 in tax from Christian Ryan's income. 

"Elon has let's say 100b in his bank account. Government decides to take 10b from his bank account, because he is rich."  > Elon musk pays income tax. Christian Ryan does not.

You have to pay the state a percentage of what you earn because that's how life works, you're again clinging on to the fact its called a "wealth tax" and are failing to consider you don't actually pay an income tax. 

By this logic you should have been in minus money a long time ago, since you're making a net loss of $700k after your claimed "expenses" 

did pablo escobar pay tax too 3Head.png

10 minutes ago, Anna Hemwoth said:

Math is not that hard, come on.

Neither is working out tax when you know how. 

You're not paying 7 percent on $30,000,000,

You pay 5% on $10,000,000 = $500,000

You pay 7% on $20,000,000 = $1,400,000. 

I missed a zero on the 5 in my $1,450,000 calculation. Should have been 500k as opposed to 50k. 

5 minutes ago, Buddah. said:

Neither is working out tax when you know how. 

You're not paying 7 percent on $30,000,000,

You pay 5% on $10,000,000 = $500,000

You pay 7% on $20,000,000 = $1,400,000. 

I missed a zero on the 5 in my $1,450,000 calculation. Should have been 500k as opposed to 50k. 

What is the percentage of Tax I have to pay?

• Wealth till $3.000.000 is tax free.
  • Wealth between $3.000.000 and $10.000.000 will be taxed 5% per month.
  • Wealth between $10.000.000 and $50.000.000 will be taxed 7% per month.
  • Wealth above $50.000.000 will be taxed 10% per month.

It clearly says that wealth above 10M will be taxed 7% per month.

Even if it was like you said, that would mean a total of 1.900.000$ tax.

All i've seen in this thread. Are very condescending comments honestly. I personally don't see how your knowledge of income tax and wealth tax is relevant to an old game. Granted some people may not know the difference. As far as i'm concerned this is a community, that is mostly filled with people still in high school and what not. I really hope we can discuss shit without being sarcastic and condescending to each other.

17 minutes ago, Anna Hemwoth said:

Even if it was like you said

They are called tax brackets, it is like I said. 

40 minutes ago, Anna Hemwoth said:

I don't think you understand the difference between income tax and wealth tax either.

I understand the difference, we don't pay income tax is my point. I do understand the position you're in, but realistically how often is it that all of your assets are liquified and you're holding your true net-worth in cash? I think you're presenting a scenario that's unlikely to happen. Even still, looking at the numbers again for business' that are active and working is possible, although I don't think anyone is getting away scot free here, not even me. 

edit : replied to another point, didn't wanna flood another reply. 

Edited by Buddah.

• Community Manager

We're surely going to find a way to aid companies in some form to ensure that they can pay their members and operate. The bottom line of $3 million will also be moved up to $7 million. 

15 minutes ago, Buddah. said:

I understand the difference, we don't pay income tax is my point. I do understand the position you're in, but realistically how often is it that all of your assets are liquified and you're holding your true net-worth in cash? I think you're presenting a scenario that's unlikely to happen. Even still, looking at the numbers again for business' that are active and working is possible, although I don't think anyone is getting away scot free here, not even me.

It does happen very often, like I've said, some months I have literally 50.000$ in cash, in others I have 30M, I am constantly buying and selling, it's basically my job.

17 minutes ago, Buddah. said:

They are called tax brackets, it is like I said. 

I didn't know the tax will be paid in brackets, sorry.

It's a problem that it's going to get removed in a bullshit way.

If I paid income tax on it, I'd probably be pissed. But we don't pay income tax on money we earn in the server so this argument is kind of irrelevant.

Well.. Okay. It was a pretty bad example. Let's try a better one which would actually fit the current situation.
Let's say that you live in Saudi Arabia, where there is no income tax. You have 1mil dollars. What would happen if government out of nowhere started taking 10% out of your bank account just because you are rich? I'd say they'd get bombed or some shit. 

If we took the word "Wealth" from it, it would just be tax. What would you base your argument on then?

Last time I checked, drug dealers and people who earn their money illegally don't pay income taxes. 

Elon Musk is paying income tax" > Christian Ryan isn't. 

Once again. I made a bad example.
Let me compare myself to El Chapo, Pablo Escobar or some other big drug lord. 

El Chapo isn't paying income tax > Christian Ryan also isn't paying income tax
El Chapo is paying only tax for the items he has registered > Chrisitian Ryan also pays tax for his properties and his vehicles
El Chapo hides his money in a way that government can't get to it > Christian Ryan stores his money in his bank account because he has no other way to store it. And somehow he must pay the taxes.

If I was working as a trucker, I wouldn't complain about having to pay income tax. My income comes from dealing drugs, do I have to pay taxes to government for dealing drugs?

2 hours ago, Buddah. said:

You have misunderstood me. I have less than 10m in cash. It's enough to get a stash of 100kg drugs.
In March I've gone through 300kg drugs = 3 stashes of 100kg.Yet I have nearly the same amount of money as I had when the month started the month, because the money is constantly being earned and spent.
In order for me to get actually richer by drug dealing, I would have to go rambo mode as I did when TIM got created where I did 500kg in half a month due to having lots of connections as well as producing myself. Yet I don't want to do that as I have reached a point where it's pointless for me to get richer as I have everything I wanted to buy with money. All I want now is to maintain my wealth so I could do drug deals in future so I would have money for my day to day activities. I don't want to get richer, as there is no point in that, I don't want to get poorer as then I would have trouble doing drug deals and it would mean I would need other sources of income. I'm at a point where I have a balance between the money I make and the money I spend. The money is just there for drugs as buying and selling drugs is my job.

1 hour ago, LocMax said:

We're surely going to find a way to aid companies in some form to ensure that they can pay their members and operate. The bottom line of $3 million will also be moved up to $7 million. 

And how about drug dealers? Will you aid them too?

4 hours ago, LocMax said:

What will happen for those who loan money from company to buy Vehicles/Houses? I've seen one company being alive giving loan O.o 

i think people will accept this "wealth tax" thing if Management increase legal job salary to make other job useful rather than trucker only, and bring back old Drugs prices since the amount of drugs collected has been nerfed.

Wealth Tax + FBI wealth cut is already op

Edited by CrapTree

I wonder what would have happened to people if it hadn't been denied the restart of wealth, management is trying to fix the situation and now people are complaining. I wish the FBI could do seizures/confiscations more often. But people cannot be changed, they are greedy.

9 hours ago, Christian said:

Let me compare myself to El Chapo, Pablo Escobar or some other big drug lord. 

literally everyone is a drug lord here, EVERYONE

there was only one Pablo Escobar, we have hundreds.

i can safely say almost more than a half of the server is illegal, other half is law enforcement and a little chunk is legal
So you only want that little chunk to pay tax for everyone? it's a game afterall stop being greedy.
"Criminals don't pay tax IRL"
criminals don't outnumber legal people IRL too, so get your facts straight.

2 hours ago, AMR said:

literally everyone is a drug lord here, EVERYONE

there was only one Pablo Escobar, we have hundreds.

i can safely say almost more than a half of the server is illegal, other half is law enforcement and a little chunk is legal
So you only want that little chunk to pay tax for everyone? it's a game afterall stop being greedy.
"Criminals don't pay tax IRL"
criminals don't outnumber legal people IRL too, so get your facts straight.

Oh, please. I'm one of the biggest if not actually the biggest drug lords in this server. There aren't many people who deal even above 10kg so they can't really call themselves drug lordsl, while I deal with 100kg. So yea, I can confidently say that I am a drug lord and others are just local dealers. 

Okay. And? The server is made to be this way. A lot ofpeople don't see the point of working as a legal person as being legal person is boring and you don't get to interact with others as much as well as it doesn't pay anything so that's why people are either cops or criminals. 

We all pay taxes anyway (property, vehicle, toll), but I (and I believe that others too) don't want to pay such taxes from savings account. So what that it's a game? I explained above why I need money and why I think it's unfair for me. 

Indeed. Criminals don't pay income tax as it comes from illegal activities. 

Indeed. Criminals don't outnumber legal people irl, but I never said that they do. So get your own facts straight and stop saying that I said something which I didn't. 

3 hours ago, VIKING said:

I wonder what would have happened to people if it hadn't been denied the restart of wealth, management is trying to fix the situation and now people are complaining. I wish the FBI could do seizures/confiscations more often. But people cannot be changed, they are greedy.

I wonder what would happen if they made a server reset where they made an economy which actually works properly and they added/removed features from the server, but that's another topic for another day.

They are trying to fix the situation in a bullshit way so of course people will be complaining.

FBI could do it, if they were working properly.

Once again, what would happen if government started taking money from your savings account? You wouldn't get "greedy"? I think you would as you busted your ass to get that money and it's being taken from you. 

10 minutes ago, Christian said:

Oh, please. I'm one of the biggest if not actually the biggest drug lords in this server. There aren't many people who deal even above 10kg so they can't really call themselves drug lordsl, while I deal with 100kg. So yea, I can confidently say that I am a drug lord and others are just local dealers. 

No one:

FBI: hhhhhh

• Popcorn 1

16 minutes ago, Christian said:

Indeed. Criminals don't outnumber legal people irl, but I never said that they do. So get your own facts straight and stop saying that I said something which I didn't. 

What? would make a lot of sense if everyone was legal, so criminals didn't had to pay tax but not like the current condition where everyone is a criminal.

I wonder what would happen if they made a server reset where they made an economy which actually works properly and they added/removed features from the server, but that's another topic for another day.

Same people like you would come crying about losing some ingame currency

Once again, what would happen if government started taking money from your savings account? You wouldn't get "greedy"? I think you would as you busted your ass to get that money and it's being taken from you. 

I wouldn't mind if the government didnt take income tax and rather took it from my account
40% or so either ways makes it the same thing, except with the income tax being implemented only new players would have an issue and it wouldnt affect the old multi millionaires which would be unfair.

7 minutes ago, AMR said:

16 minutes ago, Roberto Makaveli said:

No one:

FBI: hhhhhh

Don't you think that the group which is being led by management doesn't look at logs and they don't know about it OOCly already? 

7 minutes ago, AMR said:

What? would make a lot of sense if everyone was legal, so criminals didn't had to pay tax but not like the current condition where everyone is a criminal.

Would make a lot of sense if the server was made to have most people being legal. Still doesn't make sense that they should take money from peoples savings accounts rather than from their income. 

8 minutes ago, AMR said:

Same people like you would come crying about losing some ingame currency

If they made the server better, I don't think that a lot of people would mind that. 

9 minutes ago, AMR said:

I wouldn't mind if the government didnt take income tax and rather took it from my account
40% or so either ways makes it the same thing, except with the income tax being implemented only new players would have an issue and it wouldnt affect the old multi millionaires which would be unfair.

Here is an answer to that. 

13 hours ago, Christian said:

Let's say that you live in Saudi Arabia, where there is no income tax. You have 1mil dollars. What would happen if government out of nowhere started taking 10% out of your bank account just because you are rich? I'd say they'd get bombed or some shit.