Wealth Taxation - discussion

Christian

Is it just me or this doesn't make sense in any way as to why this is even a thing.

Here is my opinion about this. Feel free to leave your opinion about this in comments. This is a discussion. Don't go ape mode. Feel free to disagree with someones opinion while being civil about it, do it with proper arguments. Discuss about problem, not about people.

The economy in the server is very unbalanced, rich keeps getting richer and poor keeps getting poorer, to avoid such a economy to take a step towards fixing this is wealth taxation. A part of money will be taxed from rich people depending on their wealth end of each month. This money in turn will help us to bridge the gap between the people of different financial class.

The server economy is unbalanced. Correct.

Yet you were the ones who made the economy this way and instead of fixing it the proper way, you have decided to tax the rich?
How will that fix the economy?
I see it as pushing the rich players who have worked their asses off for years if not longer out of the server.

Rich keep getting richer. 

Why people are rich at the first place..
-They have been playing the server from beginning and they made their money back when it was a bit easier
-They have invested in businesses (such as ammunations, PnS, clothing stores)
-They have gambled
-They have grinded a lot
-They are just smart and they have made the right choices of getting money
-They are most likely criminals as it is easier to make money in illegal way
-They have a farm

The ways people can get richer if they have a lot of money..
-Investing in good businesses
-Gambling
-Drug dealing
-Using weed houses
-Renting a farm

Poor keeps getting poorer. 

The ones who are poor are either..
-The ones who joined the server in last few months
-They haven't figured out the good ways of making money
-They are working in low paid jobs (such as police, medic, fireman (or basically other legal jobs)) and it's impossible to get millions with such jobs

-They are lazy and don't do anything to get more money

-They just don't want to get money at first place

The ways people usually get broke..
-They gamble
-They don't have any money making assets (farms, businesses, weed houses)
-They spend unnecessarly (mainly shootouts)
-They don't do anything do get money

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1

Suggestion for the wealth gap.
There is one way in which it could be possible to make the gap smaller. Tho it's copied from IMRP.

There is a state lottery going every now and then where players can purcahse as many lottery tickets as they wish.
The lottery tickets cost different amount of money per lottery.
The lottery has 3 winners which have different percentage. I don't recall the exact amount, but it's something like..
40% 1st place
30% 2nd place
20% 3rd place
10% goes to ''poor people of the state'' which basically goes to people who have low networth.

The suggestion is copied from IMRP.

State lottery.
It works like this.
-Every hour the lottery happens
-The lottery ticket price changes every lottery
-People can buy as many tickets as they wish
-The lottery has 3 winning tickets
-Each winner gets 30% of the money from lottery
-The 10% which are left goes to ''poor people of the state'' which are basically the people with low networth

To me it seems like a better way to make the wealth gap smaller, because..
-It would encourage people to participate in lottery and they would most likely not care about the small percentage going to the poor people  participatin.
-The weath taxation is basically forcing people to pay against their will even tho they put a lot of effort into getting their wealth and I highly doubt that a lot of people would want to do that.
------------------------------------------------------------
Guide on how to get rich

With that all being said, here is a guide for poor people on how they can get rich. It's actually not that hard as many people think. This is how I would do it if I was broke.

Let's say the guy is a newbie and he has just imigrated to this server.
-He should do all the basics - phone, gps, walkie talkie, drivers license, passport, weapon license.
-He should go trucking and figure out the best route (I heard they can earn up to 100k per hour, at first it will probably be like 70k or something, but it's still better than nothing)
-They should keep trucking until the dealer appears.
-When dealer appears, they should buy ingredients to make heroin.
-They should produce heroin in multiple shacks at the same time. 
-When they have made a kilogram or so, they should sell it.
-With the money they should buy a cheap ass house somewhere which would be like a storage for them.
-Next goal would be to get a vehicle with wich they can make heroin better (Sanchez for example)

All the above said things can be done in 1 day.
For the future.

-Keep making heroin in multiple shacks.
-While making heroin, they can plant a small weed field or multiple small fields with 20 seeds max.

-When they have made enough money, they can start investing it in renting out a weed house.
-Plant weed in the weed house and go back to making heroin
-When you have reached 1m, you can start buying drugs and reselling them for higher price. This way you will be able to get larger amount of drug quantity and reach your goal faster. Drug dealers usually offer higher p/g for larger amounts as well as if you do it more frequently. Usually the breaking points are around 0-1kg 1kg-3kg 3kg-5kg 5kg-10kg 10kg-20kg 20kg+. Ask your dealer about how much you should get so he would start offering you more. And keep doing it.

So yea, keep doing this and you can become pretty rich. Do this while using your brain tho and remember that there is FBI.

For future I can suggest you to..
-keep producing and dealing
-rent out more weed houses as it's a very good way of making money
-rent out grape farms
-keep looking for opportunities of making money
-Invest in good businesses.
-You can try flipping properties and vehicles (buying and selling for higher price)

For future I would suggest you to avoid..
-Gambling. This is a good way to win and lose money
-Buying houses which you don't need. 
-Buying businesses. Most 24/7, tool stores, seed shops, restaurants don't make shit. You might buy the business for 1m (value+profit), but you will get like 10k a month in your actual net profit. By net profit I mean the profit witch you get after restocking and taxes.
-Avoid shootouts, this is a good way to burn money. Tho... That's why most people are here anyway.

Edited by Christian
Edit 1: Added guide on how to get rich. Edit 2: Edited the lottery part so it would be understandable better

I'm telling you man, communism is the way!

3 minutes ago, Jack_Flintwood said:

I have another idea to help the poor players off the ground, what about welfare checks of about 20k per day for people with less than 500k money and no businesses that should help on balacing things out.

4 minutes ago, Jack_Flintwood said:

Ffs not you again, you know what thanks to this dude no one gets any checks everyone just stays poor fuck the reds.

Hahha Heil Stalin.
*/me starts playing soviet anthem from boombox*

Added guide on how to get rich (in 2nd post)

25 minutes ago, Koin said:

ok i read this whole topic and i still don't have an idea what you are talking about.
are you saying that taxation is not a good way to make the gap smaller? then why don't you say it in their own topic?

The taxation is bullshit and it's unfair to those who worked their asses off to get rich.
I didn't say it in the original topic as it is locked.

22 minutes ago, Jack_Flintwood said:

I have another idea to help the poor players off the ground, what about welfare checks of about 20k per day for people with less than 500k money and no businesses that should help on balacing things out.

That could work, tho where would they get money from? I think the lottery would be a much wiser idea as it wouldn't piss anyone off. It's like an option, people can participate if they wish. And I feel like people would actually participate in the lottery if there would be winners all the time as they would actually have a chance of winning. Compared to the current lottery where almost no one participates as rarely they can win.

3 hours ago, Christian said:

Is it just me or this doesn't make sense in any way as to why this is even a thing.

Poor keeps getting poorer. 

The ones who are poor are either..
-The ones who joined the server in last few months
-They haven't figured out the good ways of making money
-They are working in low paid jobs (such as police, medic, fireman (or basically other legal jobs)) and it's impossible to get millions with such jobs

-They are lazy and don't do anything to get more money

-They just don't want to get money at first place

The ways people usually get broke..
-They gamble
-They don't have any money making assets (farms, businesses, weed houses)
-They spend unnecessarly (mainly shootouts)
-They don't do anything do get money

About the 'poor gets poorer'

Its cap mate, if they get broke its their own fault. There are good ways to earn money with a $0 networth. 

And think realistic, in some countries tax can be like %40

8 hours ago, Oscar said:

About the 'poor gets poorer'

Its cap mate, if they get broke its their own fault. There are good ways to earn money with a $0 networth. 

And think realistic, in some countries tax can be like %40

Indeed it's their own fault for being poor. It is not hard for people to earn money. 

Yeah, I showed how people can get multiple millions in less than a week if they want to put the effort in to it. 

Realistic? Where have you seena country which tankes 40% tax from your savings account? Please name me a country. There are some countries with high income tax which is basically the more you earn, the more government takes from your income... But there is a huge difference between savings and income. 

1 hour ago, AMR said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Crying Cartoon Glass Orange Juice Mascot Stock Vector (Royalty Free)  1324978829

pweze don't tax the people who grind money from the script

Yeah. They did it for a reason- so they wouldn't have to do it again and they could "retire" and not worry about money. They put a lot of time and effort into getting savings and it's being taken from them? Doesn't make sense. 

1 minute ago, Christian said:

Indeed it's their own fault for being poor. It is not hard for people to earn money. 

Yeah, I showed how people can get multiple millions in less than a week if they want to put the effort in to it. 

Realistic? Where have you seena country which tankes 40% tax from your savings account? Please name me a country. There are some countries with high income tax which is basically the more you earn, the more government takes from your income... But there is a huge difference between savings and income. 

Yeah. They did it for a reason- so they wouldn't have to do it again and they could "retire" and not worry about money. They put a lot of time and effort into getting savings and it's being taken from them? Doesn't make sense. 

The Netherlands.

Annual taxable income (gross) Total rate
€ 0 - 20.384 36,65%
€ 20.385 - 34.300 38,10%
€ 34.301 - 68.507 38,10%
€ 68.508+ 51,75%

2 minutes ago, Christian said:

It's income tax....... 

It's when you get salary, they tax it. The higher salary you get, the more they tax it. They don't take 50% from your savings account. They take it from your salary (income) 

2 minutes ago, Kacper said:

u all deserve to have all ur money taken lol ur being whores over virtual money

what u gonna spend 50m on? 

What have we done so that we would deserve our savings taken from us? 

We spend it on our "retirement" . We worked our asses off so we wouldn't have to worry about money. And now you are taking it from us? Doesn't make sense. 

4 minutes ago, Christian said:

What have we done so that we would deserve our savings taken from us? 

We spend it on our "retirement" . We worked our asses off so we wouldn't have to worry about money. And now you are taking it from us? Doesn't make sense. 

Well, wil you make also IRL a reddit post about tax or what? RP-Wise the GOV earn nothing from us In-game, they need to pay the officers etc.. RP-Wise.

12 minutes ago, Kacper said:

u all deserve to have all ur money taken lol ur being whores over virtual money

what u gonna spend 50m on? 

Says the guy who was asking 40m+ for a "custom mapped farm" - which was not a farm in the first place ! 
Why did you need that money btw ?

On a side note, I've grinded my money on a daily basis, day by day, just to have it now removed ? No thanks. I m just going to stop playing in here. 
Can you also imagine that I've paid 20 euros to play this shit ? 

18 minutes ago, Aleksandr_Karaev said:

Says the guy who was asking 40m+ for a "custom mapped farm" - which was not a farm in the first place ! 
Why did you need that money btw ?

On a side note, I've grinded my money on a daily basis, day by day, just to have it now removed ? No thanks. I m just going to stop playing in here. 
Can you also imagine that I've paid 20 euros to play this shit ? 

Ok, I will sell a custom mapped barn for $1 ok?