Concerns about the drug transport event

Leonardo

• Community Manager

As most players in this community have participated, or are at least somewhat familiar with the format of the event predicted for December 19the drug transport -, I have decided to come and debate some concerns I have about the ways this event develops and if we could reach consensus about some issues that I will highlight below.

# People who are not regulars in this server joining the event

I do particularly understand the frustration that is a regular, committed player in this server [or at least somewhat participant in the community, despite not very active ingame, which is also okay] see dozens of new players from elsewhere flock in the server in the event day simply because it’s the event everyone’s waiting for, it’s fun, everyone gets to shoot a bit, it requires tactics, skills and whatever else.

My personal opinion is that this should not be allowed, and this is unfair to those who are regulars in this server, to see players join the server only for the event to never return – it happened in the last drug transport. One of the excuses used was that “these new players might actually like the server and stay”. Bullshit, none did. And even if someone did, the burden and frustration that is non-regular players take the spotlight over an event that is destined to entertain to the players of our community, those who dedicate their time regularly to play this server, is bigger than the eventual benefit it’d be to have at least someone remain regular in this risk-benefit ratio.

My main problem with this is that I am only one person, and I can not control the entire event alone – most of staff is involved in either side during the event and also deserve some fun. Should I reckon that in the last drug transport I hosted, the server beat the record for simultaneous no. of players online [228/250]. I do not have the time to carefully review player by player, spot those non-regulars who’re apparently engaging in the event just for the event itself and remove them from the server – that would be arbitrary at most. Hence the lack of capability to oversee, I have end up allowing this in the last event. Groups do not have to sign up for this event and I will not do that, simply because this is out of reach to look for, and it's an open event done in an uncontrollable environment.

Do the people have any suggestion on how we could combat this issue, or you believe we should allow outsiders in the server that day?

# Perks for the participants?

In the last drug transport, PD was allowed to spawn in some extra armored vehicles which they could not use against the criminals – only serve as shield for the police forces. I have also refunded criminal groups who shown interest and have messaged me about it, understanding criminals have much more to lose than cops, since they spend money in their equipment.

For the upcoming drug transport event, I had the following in mind:

- Allow official [criminal] groups who demonstrate interest in participating in the event to gain access to a small set of weapons and equipment. If they’d need/want more than what they’ll receive, they’ll have to buy it.

- Allow unofficial [criminal] groups who promise to bring at least an X number of members to the event to gain access to a low-tier set of weapons. If they’d need/want more than what they’ll receive, they’ll have to buy it.

- Allow the police forces to temporarily acquire extra vehicles for the event, considering overwhelming criminal presence.

Is this fair for both sides? Incentives should be given or not given?

# Unlisted concerns?

I am sure there might be something else I wanted to talk about but can not remember right now. Once I remember, i'll bring it foward here.

Topic is open for debate, suggestions, complaints, concerns and so on. Objective is to make the fairest and most enjoyable event possible.

10 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I do not have the time to carefully review player by player, spot those non-regulars who’re apparently engaging in the event just for the event itself and remove them from the server – that would be arbitrary at most. Hence the lack of capability to oversee, I have end up allowing this in the last event.

its not that hard to distinguish between non active and active ones its all literary laid out in the activity board?

Scoreboard scripted activities
These stats are for the last 3 weeks.
Cleaner
Amount of kilograms cleaned.
Cop jails
Amount of criminals a cop jailed.
EMS mission
Amount of EMS missions completed.
EMS revive
Amount of people revives as EMS.
Fire mission
Amount of fire missions completed.
garbage_kg
Taxi fares
Amount of taxi rides done.

Scoreboard in-game activity
Activity past month
Players with the most activity in the past month.
274 hours, 13 minutes
236 hours, 49 minutes
221 hours, 51 minutes
Activity past week
Players with the most activity in the past week.
69 hours, 44 minutes
64 hours, 14 minutes
61 hours, 26 minutes
Full hours played past month
Most full hours (example: being in-game 15h till 16h).

• Community Manager
12 minutes ago, In Memoriam said:

its not that hard to distinguish between non active and active ones its all literary laid out in the activity board?

Did you read what is written in the quote you mentioned? It's beyond player level: I need to spend time to determine wether it's a legit new player or someone who has joined solely for the event. This distinction might be fairly easy for some cases, not for others. It requires a time I will not have, since I host this event alone. The concern is not finding how many hours someone has played, or what level he is - staff has a handful set of tools for that.

12 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Did you read what is written in the quote you mentioned? It's beyond player level: I need to spend time to determine wether it's a legit new player or someone who has joined solely for the event. This distinction might be fairly easy for some cases, not for others. It requires a time I will not have, since I host this event alone. The concern is not finding how many hours someone has played, or what level he is - staff has a handful set of tools for that.

fair enough.