[04/12/2020] Marco_Spagerolli banned by Matthew_Carter

Duplon

Only staff members and topic author can reply to this topic.

• What is your in-game name?
    Marco_Spagerolli

• Which staff member banned you?
    Matthew_Carter

• When did you get banned?
    11/03/2020

• What is the ban reason?
    DM in safezone

• Personal comment

We had killed a volunteer previously and he was flaming us in /p. We were driving around afterwards having a jolly little argument in global chat where we came across him again and he decided to open fire. We retaliate and kill him, obviously as we have like 8 people. I understand it isn't very clear that he shot first, however you can check logs, you can also see he's crouched shooting when I turn around. In the case of mine and Antonio, by the time we shot he was already dead.

Edited by Jones
  • Like 2
  • Popcorn 1

Hello, Marco_Spagerolli!

Thank you for submitting an unban request, our staff members will review it shortly. Until then, follow some of these instructions:

1. Do not message staff members to review your unban request, it will result in extension of its reviewal time.
  2. Be honest and do not attempt to lie to us. We will deny your request upon discovering lies.
  3. Getting banned multiple times is a serious concern and should not happen at all. With every ban your chances of unban are reduced.

In the meantime, do not attempt to ban evade. That will directly lead to denial of your request.

Alright let's make it simple.

"Safezones are defined areas in which initiating situations that involve shooting, robberies,kidnaps and other criminal roleplay is prohibited.

You may initiate criminal roleplay in those areas with permission of an administrator. The safe zones are established to prevent crime from being performed where it would be unrealistic for it to occur due to high activity and surveillance."

Firstly, shooting down a police officer in front of the Police Department Headquarters sound like roleplay to you? Even if he shot you, IRL the police department is highly secured with a lot of police officers present on scene, no criminal would ever dare to shoot down an officer in broad daylight that too infront of the HQ.

Secondly, criminals are supposed to evade from cops not hunt them down.

Thirdly, you claim the volunteer who was killed by you, again tried to shoot you, then why did you not report him?

Fourthly, one guy is shooting from the hood of the patriot while the other one is shooting from the trunk of the patriot, is this what you think roleplay is

What you did was plain deathmatch. You won't be unbanned unless you accept your mistake considering your excessive punishment history regarding cop baiting.

To be reviewed on 3rd December, 2020.

Edited by Sam Woods

• Jones unlocked this topic

04-11-2020 00:15:55 - Frank_Miles (45)(30731) aimed at something
04-11-2020 00:15:55 - Vinny_Spagerolli (28)(47971) aimed at something
04-11-2020 00:15:56 - Vinny_Spagerolli (28)(47971) -> object or nothing [country rifle]
04-11-2020 00:15:56 - Frank_Miles (45)(30731) -> vehicle [client id 1043 / model 470] [desert eagle] 

Either Vinny has split-millisecond reaction time, or he was going to shoot anyway. On top of that, you ran the guy over and his shooting was simply a reaction to that. Running the guy over seems to be conveniently left out of the video.

Yeah, I ran over the guy, yeah I left it out the video. I ran him over because he was talking shit in /p as you can see in the video, I can get more of his logs or you can check for yourself what he was saying. I was driving away when Vinny tells me he was shooting us and I then saw the bullet hit the car. I turn around and approach him. I get out the car, he's dead and I shoot his dead body. I then get banned for DM in a safezone. 

2 hours ago, Sam Woods said:

Firstly, shooting down a police officer in front of the Police Department Headquarters sound like roleplay to you? Even if he shot you, IRL the police department is highly secured with a lot of police officers present on scene, no criminal would ever dare to shoot down an officer in broad daylight that too infront of the HQ.

I shot his dead body. I'm not sure if you're aware, but valrise isn't 100% realistic. It's not heavy RP. SWAT wouldn't storm a hostage situation without negotiating and shoot him down to half hp in real life and SWAT don't get banned for that. Here's a story which happened in the UK (guns are very rare here) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54293111 police officer shot dead in a custody center.

Secondly, criminals are supposed to evade from cops not hunt them down.

We didn't hunt him down. It was 6vs1, he shot our car, it's fucking Valrise you're playing for fuck sake, cut the standards (no offence) of course we're going to kill him.

Thirdly, you claim the volunteer who was killed by you, again tried to shoot you, then why did you not report him?

At what point could I have reported him? Even if my intention was to report him, let's say I went back to him to view his name, the entire situation would have been the exact same as I didn't even fucking shoot him.

Fourthly, one guy is shooting from the hood of the patriot while the other one is shooting from the trunk of the patriot, is this what you think roleplay is

Okay, so for this reason I get banned for DM? Because there is someone standing on my car shooting? 

48 minutes ago, Jones said:

04-11-2020 00:15:55 - Frank_Miles (45)(30731) aimed at something
04-11-2020 00:15:55 - Vinny_Spagerolli (28)(47971) aimed at something
04-11-2020 00:15:56 - Vinny_Spagerolli (28)(47971) -> object or nothing [country rifle]
04-11-2020 00:15:56 - Frank_Miles (45)(30731) -> vehicle [client id 1043 / model 470] [desert eagle] 

Either Vinny has split-millisecond reaction time, or he was going to shoot anyway. On top of that, you ran the guy over and his shooting was simply a reaction to that. Running the guy over seems to be conveniently left out of the video.

I can't speak for Vinny, but Vinny aiming at him fast means I get banned? I'm not sure why this is my problem honestly. 

Yes, I ran him over, he then shot us, we then killed him. It was mostly OOC but the volunteer kept crying and Matthew was spectating us constantly waiting for any reason to ban, if he didn't shoot the car, I wouldn't have turned around.

I would also like to say thanks to Jones whatever the outcome of this is to give me a chance to give my side of the case instead of asking questions and closing the ban appeal at the same time.

From my perspective: I ran him over due to OOC insults, yes I admit that isn't allowed and I understand. He then fires at my car, I turn around and approach him. He's shot dead (not by me) I get out the car and shoot his dead body. I get banned for DM in safezone.

Your ban was partially a rresult of "initiating" the incident that happened at LSPD by hunting down and running over that Volunteer. That in itself can be considered a breach of the safezone rule, and in essence DMing. Acting out in an OOC manner like that isn't ever acceptable.

In general though, the behaviour seen isn't aceptable. Yes, our standards may not be as strict as some RP servers, but that doesn't mean it's ever acceptable to just hunt people down in an OOC manner. This wasn't the first incident that occurred after the regained activity, we were already discussing incidents that included your group and how to best act on it before this LSPD incident occurred.

When I spoke to you after the Spag group being deleted, I specifically asked for these semi copbait / semi DM situations to come to an end, as that's the reputation your group has received. Driving around in a patriot with a bunch of people in [or on] it and causing endless shoot outs. The server isn't flawless, and it's certainly not in a state we want it to be in and we're trying to work to improve it. But our efforts are being undermined by the kind of actions witnessed in the ban here.

You guys do seem like genuine people and I hope that you can reside on the server without running into so much trouble, but we can't let such situations pass without being appropriately punished. You knew this whole incident was against the rules, yet you decided to any way.

Given your punishment history and our ban guidelines, the review date Sam provided will stick. I hope this break will act as a way to allow for improvement.

• Jones changed the title to [04/12/2020] Marco_Spagerolli banned by Matthew_Carter
  • Jones locked this topic